Top 3 best feelings on a bike

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
dubber68

Top 3 best feelings on a bike

Post by dubber68 »

Another top 3 for a bit of fun. Mine are

1. That feeling when on a long trip or ride when you stop in the middle of nowhere and take time to appreciate where you are and what you are doing.
2. When you have just ridden a perfect set of bends and nailed everyone of them
3. When without even trying you realise you have just nailed the guy in the rep mobile who was trying to beat you from the lights.

I have many more but lets hear yours
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG
Brenhden

Re: Top 3 best feelings on a bike

Post by Brenhden »

1. Riding through a pine Forest.

2. When you see a scary looking obstacle and remember to relax and let the bike deal with it and it just lugs you over it.

3. When the music and the scenery line up and it's like you are doing a riding scene from a movie.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

When i turn the key
Wind in my face
Freedom
Rederic

Post by Rederic »

I would get locked up if I told you what mine was well the first two would anyway :shock:

The third one is just getting on it and going :D :D
If your not the lead dog the view never change's
Fishandchips

Post by Fishandchips »

Filtering down a long queue of traffic
Accidental wheely that happened to look good
Women leering at me because they think I am a young stud (dark visors for us old gits) 😁
Alan29

Post by Alan29 »

That sensation when riding in mountains that you could just reach out and touch them.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

1. Getting somewhere remote and having it to myself, because only a bike not even a modified 4x4 could have got there.

2. Getting dangerously over-taken, then cut-up on an urban road by a prick in a car. Then gracefully filtering past him (wiithout throwing him a sideways glance) as he's stuck in a queue half a mile down the road.

3. Riding down the outside of two miles of standing traffic at a temporary traffic light, then just as I get to the front, it turns Green and I carry on through without rolling off the throttle.

.......3's not enough.....

4. Exploring a Town/City that's unfamiliar, being able to stop, U turn and generally negotiate and manoeuvre around easily.

5. When you're not on a jolly and using your bike to get somewhere for a certain time...... The fact that to a large extent you are master of your own destiny with regards to traffic. You can always find a way through congestion on a bike.

6. Crossing under the river Mersey for free.

7. Travelling actually in the environment, getting the smells first hand and feeling the breeze, rather than wearing a seatbelt in an air conditioned, self-parking, Lane sensor equipped Clone-mobile.
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

SteveW wrote: ↑Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:20 am
7. Travelling actually in the environment, getting the smells first hand and feeling the breeze, rather than wearing a seatbelt in an air conditioned, self-parking, Lane sensor equipped Clone-mobile.
This is really important. The smell of pine trees or the sea, or (unfortunately) a freshly manured field. In France I could smell onions in the field and grape juice at a co op wine place. :D
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
Gerry Atric69

Post by Gerry Atric69 »

Mine are
1) managing to swing my leg over without catching my boot on the seat!
2)when it will starts
3) getting off the stand without dropping it !
Once you get that far the trauma is over.
AustinW

Post by AustinW »

1. Setting off in the morning on a trip and not really knowing where you are going, not knowing what the roads ahead might bring and not knowing where your are going to stay that night. But knowing it will all be fine.

2. Hard acceleration out of a corner. Gets me every time. :D

3. When it starts after you have had it in pieces to service or repair it. Phew.

Return to β€œTHE PUB”