Salisbury Plain Weekend 2-4th June

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
bond_yzf

Salisbury Plain Weekend 2-4th June

Post by bond_yzf »

Myself and a few others are heading to the plain this weekend and camping at the three magpies from fri 2nd to sun 4th.
Everyone welcome more the merrier
Ive booked 10 tent spaces at the Three Magpies so anyone wishing to join us please let me know asap.
£10 a night.
Anyone local to the area who would like to put a route forward then that would be fantastic or who would like to lead then thats great.
Bike bike friendly and ego's left at home !
The sun is shining lets get out and enjoy it whilst it lasts :laugh:
Gedge

Re: Salisbury Plain Weekend 2-4th June

Post by Gedge »

The sun is what??? Its chucking it down in the south... if it keeps up, the plain is going to be pretty gloopy ....hopefully it will perk up for you all...sadly im both off road bikeless and also in Gran Canaria ( where no doubt they will experience the worst storms in a century next week....)
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

I will post a gpx track for folks, there are a few local trails not to be missed and all bike friendly...

plainbigcircuit.gpx
(31.98 KiB) Downloaded 82 times

this is a track that goes into devizes then via the whitehorses at Roundways across a gravel road and golf coarse then a nice trail that has a ruttedgrass track , fine on big bikes with knobblys...then round Avebury stones to the west wood section everyone loves [ its been graded and look out for walkers and horses]...then into pewsey and a short trail before the peasant shoot trail.concrete then a deep ruted climb onto the plain...its fun but pick your rut and watch them foot pegs :whistle: ..

across the plain to stone henge then the german village section and the woops..back across the plain to the northern perimeter trail whicj has permited access on the side tank track...becarefull them mud pitts can be deep and slippy :laugh: ...back across to Devizes...

petrol stations at Devizs,pewsey,A303 and tilshead...its a good days trail...the first section can be done in 3 hrs cutting back to Devizes from pewsey...

these trails are varied in terrain used by all bikes and well known (thumbs)

I will be in the Pyrenees B)
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

Post code please.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Three maggpies at send near Devizes...look up the three magpiez public house....right by the canal and a short ride or walk to the flight of locks at devizes...there is a carpark by the top lock and coffee cake shop....wadsworths is the local real ale (thumbs)
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

Thanks tramp much appreciated
Speedfour4

Post by Speedfour4 »

There is going to be some good puddles on the plain after the rain are having, just makes it more fun lol.
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

Tramp wrote:I will post a gpx track for folks, there are a few local trails not to be missed and all bike friendly...

plainbigcircuit.gpx

this is a track that goes into devizes then via the whitehorses at Roundways across a gravel road and golf coarse then a nice trail that has a ruttedgrass track , fine on big bikes with knobblys...then round Avebury stones to the west wood section everyone loves [ its been graded and look out for walkers and horses]...then into pewsey and a short trail before the peasant shoot trail.concrete then a deep ruted climb onto the plain...its fun but pick your rut and watch them foot pegs :whistle: ..

across the plain to stone henge then the german village section and the woops..back across the plain to the northern perimeter trail whicj has permited access on the side tank track...becarefull them mud pitts can be deep and slippy :laugh: ...back across to Devizes...

petrol stations at Devizs,pewsey,A303 and tilshead...its a good days trail...the first section can be done in 3 hrs cutting back to Devizes from pewsey...

these trails are varied in terrain used by all bikes and well known (thumbs)

I will be in the Pyrenees B)
Hi russ, ive downloaded that gpx file to my desktop, so do you know if can just plug in the montana and transfer from pc to garmin?
V-Rider

Post by V-Rider »

Hi Jim,
Unfortunately not going to be able to make this one as working two night shifts between 2nd and 3rd! Then off to Scotland on the 4th!
Hans
"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end."
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Dibbs....plug montana into pc...copy file from desktop and paste in the gpx folder on the montana....works this way on all garmins lol...you do have the uk discovery topo map though....its a track so just follow sqiggly line...
I dont have a montana :laugh:

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”