Camping Pub Mid Wales

Info on biker meeting places such as Box Hill,Poole Quay, etc. Please start each post with the county followed by the place in the subject box i.e. Warwickshire - The Waterman. It'll make things a lot easier to follow.
Harty

Camping Pub Mid Wales

Post by Harty »

Hi all

Anyone know of a decent pub, preferably in the sticks where you can camp at the back of either in a tent or under a basha. Need one for tomorrow night. Cheers
.....eat my dirt!
Redmurty

Re: Camping Pub Mid Wales

Post by Redmurty »

Try the "Baron of beef" Bucknell. off the A4113 near Knighton. Great food, biker friendly good flat field shower and toilet block. I told the gaffer I was putting a mention on the ABR site so mention it to him you never know your luck ;) cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
davies

Post by davies »

castle inn pengenffordd near talgarth powys ld3 0ep got camping and b+b they also do the best steak ever!
Harty

Post by Harty »

Cheers guys, gonna give Castle Inn a whirl as it's near my route. Thanks
.....eat my dirt!
davies

Post by davies »

how did you get on at the castle inn?
johnzxr750

Post by johnzxr750 »

well just found out about doms bike stop www.domsbikestop.com breakfasts lunch dinner camping etc just outside leominster on a44 bromyard road will be going soon to check it out with a camp etc at £8 a night i think just a quick pop over on friday or saturday night and jobs a goodun just bought wifey a new sleeping bag to keep her warm so that needs testing lol and spoke to dom himself he seems really friendly and accomodating will stick up a report as soon as ive been there
cheers j:woohoo:
Harty

Post by Harty »

davies wrote:how did you get on at the castle inn?
I didn't go to Wales in the end, due to work, so did a trek around Devon instead. Thanks for this info though, I'll def give this place a try in the future though. Cheers
.....eat my dirt!
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

Well I have just got back from Rhayader after a few days of green laning followed by a couple of days of general back lane hooning about (the advantage of having a bike with both trail and supermoto wheels).

Although not a pub, I can thoroughly recommend the Wyeside campsite in Rhayader, no worries with bikes or indeed groups of blokes with bikes. Nice level field (funny how the families all seemed to give us a wide berth :laugh: ) and decent clean facilities with nice hot showers (electric so the hot water doesn't run out).

A footpath runs from the site into town (5 minutes) and comes out right next to the Eagles Nest pub which is very biker friendly and does great food (very generous portions).

I did spot Doms Bike Spot as we passed it on the way home, did look rather busy yesterday ;)
Tony AKA MAD COW

KTM 1090 Adventure R

KTM 450 EXC Rally

MY BLOG
dom howe

Post by dom howe »

hi john nice chatting the other day and thanks for mention my site for biker campling on here hope to see you soon let me know when you fancy a visit thanks dom ps domsbikestop.com.

Return to “BIKER HANG-OUTS”