Power, Self Control and Chocolate Hobnobs.

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
SteveW

Power, Self Control and Chocolate Hobnobs.

Post by SteveW »

I've got very poor self control.
If the chocolate Hobnobs are in the biscuit barrel, hidden away in the kitchen, they can stay there unmolested for months.
Take them out of the biscuit barrel, put them on a plate and stick that plate under my nose and I'd scoff the lot before you've had a look in.
I'm like that with motorcycles and excessive power.
Sit me on my GSA800 and 100% of the time I'm totally contented with the power on offer. In 13,000 miles I can say in all honesty I've never wanted or needed more power.
Sit me on a more powerful bike and my poor self control issues take over.
I just can't help myself, I just have to use that power!
I just can't resist it. I just end up frustrated......that's frustrated because I'm not that gifted a road rider to use it and frustrated that it's too dangerous both in terms of losing my licence and getting badly hurt.
If the power wasn't there in the first place it wouldn't bother me.
I reckon for a "main" solo long-haul motorcycle, for me the power of the 800 is perfect.
RandG

Re: Power, Self Control and Chocolate Hobnobs.

Post by RandG »

I take my tenere out far more than my new 1200GS, when on the ten I'm happy plodding away, but like you, take the GS out and I want to thrash it :laugh:
AirbusPaul

Post by AirbusPaul »

First of all stop buying chocolate Hobnobs the rest is easy just self control. (thumbs)
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

I've managed to convince myself that using all 137bhp at my age is likely to end in tears, so that problem's solved. With the chocolate though, I'm really struggling to convince myself that diabetes is also likely to end in tears. However, I have recently taken to looking at C90s and Royal Enfields, as well as to the nutritional value, including sugar content, of the fruit bowl sitting on my kitchen table. The fruit in it that is.
micksea

Post by micksea »

I find I can eat a whole pack of rich tea biscuits and my guilt gland doesn"t even twitch B) (no chocolate means obviously they are in the healthy options top ten)
James_Death

Post by James_Death »

I used to be like that i would need two brews as the whole packet soaks up two full cups...

However i have it under control now, no crisps no biscuits and I'm happy on the little dr350 unless its a long haul and then the BMW R1100R not so much speed but torque, speed is nice also mind.

Also if a joint ride out and there on Mt 07 /09/ and 10 and the BMW 1000 riders etc, just so I'm not just getting there as they are heading back.

Whats that they say the best way to loose weight from a bike is loosing it from the rider.
halfpint

Post by halfpint »

we had a mate like that, rode a fireblade and was the fastest bloke about. but all ways last to the cafe or bar , found out he was suffering from beingatightfekker no cure . as for chocolate, it seem if you dont smoke they want to share your chocolate!!! tell them to try a dry pot noodle .
anthony29040

Post by anthony29040 »

what i do steve is,if i think i am going to go anywhere where i think i may be tempted i leave my visa card at home,and if i want to buy something by the time i have got home for the visa i have talked myself out of it. (thumbs) simples

cheers tony
steve_h80

Post by steve_h80 »

Self control and chocolate hobnobs is an oxymoron.
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

Today, I sold my zx10r with 178bhp at the rear wheel. Power doesn't scare me, but prison does. If I stick to bikes with less than 80hp, I'll live longer and remain a free man. I lack self control in every aspect of life, speed, hobnobs, women...
Current bike is a Yamaha T7

Return to “THE PUB”