MT-07 Tracer with new panniers

Post up pics of you and your bike. A place for members to get all arty farty, creative and, er, post up snaps.
Morseman

MT-07 Tracer with new panniers

Post by Morseman »

That's another little job done, ready for the trip in March.

Fitted Givi Trekker Dolomiti panniers to the MT-07 Tracer. I hope 36 litres each side will be enough for all my junk for a week. :ohmy:
DSC_1305.JPG
DSC_1305.JPG (79.82 KiB) Viewed 3183 times
DSC_1306.JPG
DSC_1306.JPG (108.53 KiB) Viewed 3183 times
yoda

Re: MT-07 Tracer with new panniers

Post by yoda »

That looks smart, like the panniers.
Chaos is the only camouflage that incompetence needs to operate at full capacity.

I dunno where that road goes, might as well go take a look anyway there's no where else i need to be right now.
James_Death

Post by James_Death »

Snazzy they are, the slimmer case will make filtering better and also limit amount you can get in them so should limit weight, a big dry bag over the seam should see you well covered for sure.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Nice set up (thumbs)
Morseman

Post by Morseman »

Yea, I was wondering about some sort of sausage bag over the top, held down by straps through the fixings on top of the panniers, as well.
rlkat

Post by rlkat »

Morseman wrote:That's another little job done, ready for the trip in March.

Fitted Givi Trekker Dolomiti panniers to the MT-07 Tracer. I hope 36 litres each side will be enough for all my junk for a week. :ohmy:
DSC_1305.JPG
DSC_1306.JPG
How are you finding the Tracer? Probably be my next bike.
I've no idea how to add a signature.
Morseman

Post by Morseman »

Absolutely love it. Done over 4,700 miles on it since I picked it up in November.

Mind you, I have nothing to really compare it to as my previous bike was a YBR125 and before that my XVS650 Custom Dragstar Trike. LOL.
rlkat

Post by rlkat »

Morseman wrote:Absolutely love it. Done over 4,700 miles on it since I picked it up in November.

Mind you, I have nothing to really compare it to as my previous bike was a YBR125 and before that my XVS650 Custom Dragstar Trike. LOL.
I think they look awesome and have had some good write ups. I've sat on one but haven't had a test ride yet. If I did, I don't think I could resist signing up!
I've no idea how to add a signature.
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

rlkat wrote:
Morseman wrote:Absolutely love it. Done over 4,700 miles on it since I picked it up in November.

I think they look awesome and have had some good write ups. I've sat on one but haven't had a test ride yet. If I did, I don't think I could resist signing up!
Ive ridden one and (un?)fortunately poverty has forced me to keep my hands in my pocket .....
Morseman

Post by Morseman »

I'm lucky. I'm sort of part-retired, paid off my mortgage, kids gone and, unfortunately, long term partner gone, so I had some capital to play with.

I did my CBT back in March 2016, because I got an XVS650 Custom Dragstar trike, and trikers told me it might be a good idea to do the CBT (even though legally I did not have to as I passed my car test in 1980) so I did. Bought a YBR125 on L Plates, joined a couple of good Facebook biker groups, enjoyed riding with them and was inspired to carry on and do the full A bike licence.

Now here I am, 8 months after doing the CBT I passed my full A. The next day I picked up my MT-07 Tracer, two days later was out with three experienced riders for the Ring of Red Round the M60, the next weekend I went back up to Lancaster to visit family, on my own, through wind, rain and hail, and I've not looked back since.

The MT-07 has 4,700 miles on it in 3 months, I'm going across to Europe in March with two other mates and I don't care that they have 1000cc bikes, my 07 will do me well, I'm sure.

Return to “WE LOVE PICS”