Thank goodness for a Steve Wright relief

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Bluebird

Re: Thank goodness for a Steve Wright relief

Post by Bluebird »

Zookman wrote:If ever there was a dj, still stuck in the 80's heyday era of radio 1, then Steve Wright is it. Even worse that he does it on R2.
I cant stand his show and tune right out of R2 when he comes on.... although i did catch his show one afternoon when Patrick Kielty was covering for him. He was even worse !
Long ago I had enough of Evans as well.

I truly miss Wogan doing the breakfast show on R2... His subversive, piss taking humour was highly entertaining to me.
I used to like Chris Evans, but now I find him irritating, he is too much up his own Backside!!

Steve Wright is dated, and is particularly annoying at talking over any instrumental solo in a record, and has an stupid habit of laughing at some of the things his guests say, when they are not even funny. His occasional
stand in Patrick Kielty is total S..T

I enjoy Ken Bruce who has a good show in the mornings, and Johnny Walker still has one of the best voices on
radio.
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

+1 for Craig Charles but I usually listen to Johnny Vaghan on Radio X.

Rest of the time its R4 or R4 extra.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

Bluebird wrote:
Zookman wrote:If ever there was a dj, still stuck in the 80's heyday era of radio 1, then Steve Wright is it. Even worse that he does it on R2.
I cant stand his show and tune right out of R2 when he comes on.... although i did catch his show one afternoon when Patrick Kielty was covering for him. He was even worse !
Long ago I had enough of Evans as well.

I truly miss Wogan doing the breakfast show on R2... His subversive, piss taking humour was highly entertaining to me.
I used to like Chris Evans, but now I find him irritating, he is too much up his own Backside!!

Steve Wright is dated, and is particularly annoying at talking over any instrumental solo in a record, and has an stupid habit of laughing at some of the things his guests say, when they are not even funny. His occasional
stand in Patrick Kielty is total S..T

I enjoy Ken Bruce who has a good show in the mornings, and Johnny Walker still has one of the best voices on
radio.
Not forgetting also how SW sings along with some of the songs.... Jeeze, how cringingly embarrassing for a radio presenter to do that.

I find it hard to fathom how SW has been getting away with this shyte for years and years now. I reckon he must have some serious dirt on the controller of R2 and also knows where the bodies are buried.
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

A prick of the highest order. Steve Wright not Craig Charles.
He's still on a one man anti home taping crusade, ruining every song he plays.
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

Still, at least with DAB we have a lot more radio choice these days.... even if we do have to put up with strangled bitrates.
Planet Rock, BBC6 Music, Absolute 80's, Talk Radio and many others are on my presets. I'm also thinking about buying an internet radio.
sohoeasy

Post by sohoeasy »

I'm a soul funk and House fan through and through.But to avoid spontaneous combustion while driving in central London all day, I have to stick to Radio 3 and beta blockers. :( 1,2 ..............and ...........Breath ! :)
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

Steve "love the show" Wright.

Steve (all) Wrong more like, what a Cock! And as for his sycophantic sidekicks....
Mike Wright

Post by Mike Wright »

SteveW wrote:He's painful granted, but what about Chris Evans?
....Good Lord, I'm loathed to say I hate someone I've never met or who's never done anything to harm me....but, that prick..."let's drive our Ferraris for charity" Chris-friggin-Evans, he's beyond irritating.
I have to turn it over when Chris Evans is on the radio as its the shouting and annoying voice plus dribble that puts me off.
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

Forgetting the X-Factor rubbish, Dermot Olearey's show on radio 2 every Saturday afternoon is good if you like indie music from the 90s and the 00s plus some good stuff from current indie bands that are trying to break through at the moment.
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

SteveW wrote:He's painful granted, but what about Chris Evans?
....Good Lord, I'm loathed to say I hate someone I've never met or who's never done anything to harm me....but, that prick..."let's drive our Ferraris for charity" Chris-friggin-Evans, he's beyond irritating.
steve carnt agree enough, i loathe that chap, hes irritating, if a shout loud enough i must be right, always talks over everyone else, and i am sick of hearing the same crap at exactly the same time and his pissin kid noah and the stupid sayings.
radio 2 is for adults not what is your 5 year old doin today shite,

think ive said enough

steve

Return to β€œTHE PUB”