Why is the forum so busy ??

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Gas_Up_Lets_Go

Why is the forum so busy ??

Post by Gas_Up_Lets_Go »

Simple question I suppose, but I am wondering why, when we are in the middle of what some would consider the motorcycle season is this forum so busy when others are having their seasonal lull.

I always look at the lull as evidence that people are out on thier bikes.

So why are you on the forum, when as an ABR, you should be out Riding the Adventure ?

Me, well I'm stuck supervising some Itallian engineers who are trying to replace a core switch without taking down a pharmaceutical manufacturing plant. In between system checks and telephone conferences I'm left looking for something to pass the time.

What about you, why are you driving a keyboard rather than riding a bike ?
Mistakes are natures way of showing us we have more to learn
Nickj

Re: Why is the forum so busy ??

Post by Nickj »

The time differance in oz means if we log on before work theirs a heap going on and after work your all getting back on in the morning !!

But weekends are for riding , no forum time then !!!

Nickj
scouse

Post by scouse »

Because I like some of the others have already been away on trips of varying lengths several times this year and am currently covering work for the folks with ankle biters being on leave for the school holidays. Meanwhile I am waiting to go again... and of course in between trips I have to work to pay for 'em ;)

Some of us are riding all year round anyway... adventures don't stop because MCN says it's time to put your bike away for the end of the "motorcycle season", whatever that is :D
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
metalmic

Post by metalmic »

motorcycle season starts on the 1 April and ends 31 March :) I check this out when I am at work and need a break from the grind, this is task rotation, without this little bike fix in the day I'd be even more grumpy than I already am :(
The Wilbur

Post by The Wilbur »

I am answering your silly question ;) because I am trying to find a job, to help pay for a bike :whistle: & have to break the monotony somehow. ABR being the next best thing to actually riding.
SUCK : SQUEEZE : BANG : BLOW

www.f650.co.uk
davsato

Post by davsato »

im always on here because i cant afford the petrol to go anywhere, so my bike is in the front room with a glass tabletop on it, as a 'feature'.
Dave
desertraider

Post by desertraider »

most of my posts are done during the night when i am on night shift when it quiet lol
Orlando_Orange

Post by Orlando_Orange »

i don't own a bike... it's all a cunning ruse...

i'm actually an undercover rambler here to get info on when you louts are going to be destroying our beautiful green lanes :evil:

for my cover story though, i'm going to nz in september so other summer trips (including spending time in spain with the gf :dry: ) got ditched...
Chris

G650 X-Challenge

'91 XTZ750
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

I guess it's because lots of folks are like me: just finished a 26 days tour camping out mostly over 1,000 metres - it was bloody cold at 1,400m near the Picos de Europa last week! - a sore bum and an empty wallet!

Cheers

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
flyinwalrus

Post by flyinwalrus »

had a spin out this afternoon, not far unfortunately, and about to get ready to go to work till 0700hrs:( , and the forum is banned work computer....ya bunch of deviants!!!lol:woohoo:
I can live more in 5 minutes on this motorcycle,than some people can live all their lives!

Return to “THE PUB”