EDC 2016 Maroc Ride Report

Where you've been and what you done
jonperry64

Re: 2O16 EDC Maroc Ride Report

Post by jonperry64 »

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to write this superb ride report Keith. It serves as a great memento for past goats, and a very useful resource for future goats!
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

Eve'nin Jon....

No problem young man!!!

Looking forward to the next ride out already!!! Are you going? :)

:)

Will It Buff Out?
geoham

Post by geoham »

Just sitting here reading and enjoying this thread so much. The photos are excellent (thumbs)
It's this type of stuff that I joined this site for.

So a big thank you to Keith aka WIBO and all the other lads who contributed and made for some very enjoyable reading.

Roll on Morocco 2017 (thumbs)
waynecoluk

Post by waynecoluk »

Great RR and makes me want to go and see what this off road malarky is all about.
Love seeing the diversity of all the bikes from the small to the large. I'm guessing they all managed the trip without dramas?
2016 BMW 1200GSA

2013 Triumph Street Triple
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Brings back loads of great memories (thumbs) proper grand RxR (thumbs)
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

waynecoluk wrote:Great RR and makes me want to go and see what this off road malarky is all about.
Love seeing the diversity of all the bikes from the small to the large. I'm guessing they all managed the trip without dramas?

Yip....no drama other than Roger with two punctures and my rear sprocket which has been returned pending replacement.

Team work makes it all possible plus it has to be fun so banter and the ability to laugh at yourself is essential!!!

:)

Will It Buff Out?
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

The next day we crew up and ride into the outskirts of Marrakech to fuel up and get money from an ATM.

From here every one is nearly gurning because we're on our way home.

We take the Route National to Khénifra where we'll stay and we stop en route at a street BBQ butcher.

At first the goats are afraid of seeing dead animals again..I had to go through the same routine that I did at Midelt, by telling them that's where their supermarket meat actually comes from.

They ask why the turkey's are on the pavement and I tell them they're there to get their heads chopped off,all their feathers plucked off,their rib cages smashed open with a knife and their guts torn out.

Gordon starts to cry..which starts off everybody else.

I tell them there will be lollipops after and they cheer up.

Massive bread filled beef burgers with fried onions and tomatoes are ordered for about 25D and we sit down to watch the world go by.

Three fatboys......

...and another...

I'm just having water......

Somebody took a picture of the street vendors arse for some reason....still trying to find out who that was....

We bid our farewells and the owner wants his picture taken with us...

I'm reminded again to check my rear sprocket in case the teeth have all rounded off thus leaving me stranded...I pass on my thanks.

We head on to get to Khenifra.

Last edited by WIBO on Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Will It Buff Out?
qwerty

Post by qwerty »

very nice write up Keith It was bloody freezing up argana in that mist .. :-)
I have pm'd you about a garmin

rog
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

We arrive to Khenifra to an hotel I use called Hotel France, but it was booked up due to another local evening festival taking place. We find another where we can stash the motos in secure parking for 250D without breakfast.

We saunter out and get some street food.

Fatboy!!!!

Percy,Gordon,Jon and Alistair buy kids cars to play in....but then give them back after 10 minutes realising they can't take them home on the motos.

Will It Buff Out?
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

We get up the next morning and dander across the street for coffee and croissants. I tell them we ride on to the magical town of Chefchaouen where we'll have a day off before heading back to Europe.

We ride to Hotel Madrid park our rental GS 650's up ....the hotel is fully booked so we book into an apart-hotel just along the street. I recognise the porter who now works here instead of Hotel Madrid and he asks me if I want some hash....I tell him I don't use eye shadow and he looks at me in a confused manner.

Al falls asleep whilst I'm in checking for rooms.

We're only about 30m form the town centre so some go for a walk and some just laze about in the excellent accomodation.

A small balcony works well to keep our boots on.

Percy calls excitedly for all of us to come into his bedroom. We think there's a problem and when rush in he points and says,when he looks out the window, that Chefchaoeun really is a magical place...he told us he thought it was just like a cartoon land. Roger tells him he was looking at this and the window is behind him.

;
Will It Buff Out?

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”