Stella Alpina 2010

Where you've been and what you done
scouse

Stella Alpina 2010

Post by scouse »

Not a full report but a couple of vids...
[video type=youtube]
[/video]
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
scouse

Re:Stella Alpina 2010

Post by scouse »

Hmmm not as easy as other sites...

Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
Alun

Post by Alun »

How's this - you need to select the video source from the controls above the message box and insert the part of the URL after the '=' between the open and close brackets.

So if the you tube URL for a video is
youtube.com/watch?v=puCfgX1A0P0

you insert the puCfgX1A0P0 part between the open and close brackets

[video type=youtube]puCfgX1A0P0[/video]
Alun

Post by Alun »

Scouse we have something in common, I bailed out on that corner on the way up. Some nice views from that spot don't you think ;)
scouse

Post by scouse »

Yeah some great views... as long as you are not viewing them from the deck and in pain! :D

scouse

Post by scouse »

So to post vids you do this... BTW some swearing in this... just briefly so not work safe :D

[video type=youtube]O36TNVBbPmY[/video]

Alun

Post by Alun »

You had some fun on the Stella scouse, anything left of the bike :)
scouse

Post by scouse »

Have a look in the My Ride thread - for the before and after shots... you will have seen before in real life as it looks like you may have been parked not far from me at the top. Just been going through my vids and as I started up and turned round to head down there is a guy in a fluro waistcoat walking away from an 800GS, and what looks like a Tigger and a KTbooM... will edit the clip and post it :D

africajim

Post by africajim »

Well, I've ridden the Stella four times and believe me when I say it's a lot better than it used to be!
No, I've not fell off but have scared myself shitless but that's been due to the speeds coming down, one run which ended with my 955i Tiger grabbing far too much air on a jump!
Every time I've been up there's been numerous big Beemers lying on their sides which is one reason why I don't ride one.
I've done it twice on Varadero's and twice on a 955i Tiger, even with ABS and LBS on the Hondas I've been safe. As ever, horses for courses, great videos, very entertaining! Meeting cars and 4x4's on the way up or down are major hurdles when you're picking your way through boulder strewn tracks!
I'd happily do the Stella again, perhaps next yr? We'll see!
Or maybe on my new Triumph Adventure Cub! Wishfull thinking!;)
Honda, the power of dreams.
Alun

Post by Alun »

I'm always going to be over in the Alps that week for a trade show in Friedrichshaften, may pop along again on the way down to that old Military road near Tende.

We also bumped into horses (not literally) and mountain bikers on the route

Maybe the Stella Alpina is one to put up in the 'Events' lists for next year.

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”