Imber village-August

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Tramp

Imber village-August

Post by Tramp »

Right chaps..

firstly this is a call out to Tomsdad to see if he`s willing to lead a small group out over to Imber etc on the August bank holiday ..sure thats when the village is open again.

If not I`ll be ride out leader but either way its max 8 bikes with offroad style tyres ..K60`s being the minimum...as it may be muddy..

Also its a big bije meet up sorry xr guys .

Tramp
Tomsdad-ride out leader
Will
Tomsdad

Re: Imber village-August

Post by Tomsdad »

Tramp wrote:Right chaps..

firstly this is a call out to Tomsdad to see if he`s willing to lead a small group out over to Imber etc on the August bank holiday ..sure thats when the village is open again.

If not I`ll be ride out leader but either way its max 8 bikes with offroad style tyres ..K60`s being the minimum...as it may be muddy..

Also its a big bije meet up sorry xr guys .
Hi Russ....no prob's as I'm 99.9% sure I'm free.If not,I'll send you a marked up map with the route,tea/fuel stops etc and any points of interest.

As your doing a "gravel run" at the end of the month,why not make this a "red-run" ride-out,as there are loads more byways I've yet to show you.

Cheers,
Andy.
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

What is the lmber village? :huh:
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

CRAIGREVO wrote:What is the lmber village? :huh:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imber

We were there a couple of years ago.

"The trails of the world be countless, and most of the trails be tried.

You tread on the heels of many, till you come where the ways divide.

And one lies safe in the sunlight, and the other is dreary and wan, Yet you look aslant at the Lone Trail, and the Lone Trail lures you on....

....Bid good-bye to sweetheart, bid goodbye to friend, The Lone Trail, the Lone Trail, follow to the end.

Tarry not, and fear not, chosen of the true;

Lover of the Lone Trail, The Lone Trail waits for you"
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Hi Andy..

Red runs is fine by me..so knobbly are required and some experience people`s..

meetup as usual at Countess services near Amsebury off the A303 say 8am depart 8.30am and finish day around say 3.30pm lunch stop somewhere
Tomsdad

Post by Tomsdad »

Tyrant68 wrote:
CRAIGREVO wrote:What is the lmber village? :huh:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imber

We were there a couple of years ago.

Hi Ty.

That photo is of the training (also known as the German) village on Copehill Down.This area is open 24/7 as there is loads of byways surrounding it.

The Imber Village/Range is only open three or four times every year,and the only access is on the permissive routes through the village

Cheers,
Andy
dash

Post by dash »

I assume you mean the actual bank holiday monday?
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

We usually go out on the saturday as its quiter ,less tourists in their cars and walkers on the lanes..and a day or two to rest the aching limbs..
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

Tomsdad wrote:
Hi Ty.

That photo is of the training (also known as the German) village on Copehill Down.This area is open 24/7 as there is loads of byways surrounding it.

The Imber Village/Range is only open three or four times every year,and the only access is on the permissive routes through the village

Cheers,
Andy
ahh right-oh, when we stopped there I thought they said it was Imber, my bad :blush:

I was just trying to keep up so was in permanent 'fright' mode :laugh: :woohoo:
"The trails of the world be countless, and most of the trails be tried.

You tread on the heels of many, till you come where the ways divide.

And one lies safe in the sunlight, and the other is dreary and wan, Yet you look aslant at the Lone Trail, and the Lone Trail lures you on....

....Bid good-bye to sweetheart, bid goodbye to friend, The Lone Trail, the Lone Trail, follow to the end.

Tarry not, and fear not, chosen of the true;

Lover of the Lone Trail, The Lone Trail waits for you"
dash

Post by dash »

Tramp wrote:We usually go out on the saturday as its quiter ,less tourists in their cars and walkers on the lanes..and a day or two to rest the aching limbs..
Shall have a look at the diary later. Would love to pop down, but I'm there* in the middle of August with my local TRF group as well - for which I've decided to take the Ténéré, even though everyone else will be on small enduro bikes, what could possibly go wrong :D. Two trips down there in three weekends might not meet with approval from the boss ;)

*somewhere in Wilts anyway.

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”