motorcycle entitlement

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Redmurty

motorcycle entitlement

Post by Redmurty »

My mate has just had his motorcycle entitlement removed from his licence after changing his address has anyone successfully had it reversed

Cheers Spud :-)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Big Red

Re: motorcycle entitlement

Post by Big Red »

I am due to have my photo licence renewed next month and that's something I don't want to hear. Was his an old paper licence or a photo card one? In the past I have always 'lost' my old one just in case
Mawsley

Post by Mawsley »

Africa Twin
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Big Red wrote:I am due to have my photo licence renewed next month and that's something I don't want to hear. Was his an old paper licence or a photo card one? In the past I have always 'lost' my old one just in case
He passed his test in 99 and dvla said there records don't go that far back :blink:
he has been told he will have to re do his test, it was a straight forward address change

Cheers Spud :-)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Big Yellow Tractor

Post by Big Yellow Tractor »

Big Red wrote:I am due to have my photo licence renewed next month and that's something I don't want to hear. Was his an old paper licence or a photo card one? In the past I have always 'lost' my old one just in case
This was publicised about the time I changed from a paper license so I took a photocopy and a photo of my old one before sending it in. I recently renewed my HGV and somehow managed to end up with a spare photocard one too.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Renewed mine online using my passport photo so you keep hold of your old photocard licence until the new arrives (thumbs)
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

I take it he sent his old paper bit back with change of address?...did he have the new card bit?...

I never send back docs just do it online or fill in a form , you can inc a stapped addressed envelope requesting the original is returned ...different dept handles it so they cant fuck it up....

As a hgv driver im always updating stuff as i can drive and operate most things with a engine or hydraulics...
steve_h80

Post by steve_h80 »

When I moved earlier in the year I did the same. Do it online and dont send back the old one until the new one arrives. It's technically wrong to do this, but so is cocking up someones entitlement.
There was a case a few years back when someone lost his m/c entitlement but gained an hgv!!!
As ever dvlc insisted that reality was at fault, not them.
The phrase fuckin clueless springs to mind.
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

I believe I read a few years ago that they manually entered all the old data into the new system and its a bitch to get it corrected.FYI a photocopy doesnt actually prove anything it has to be an origional document.
There was reportedly a motorbike instructor that had to redo his test a few years ago because of the same issue.

DVLA explanation of the procedure here https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... s_and_lack
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Pretty shocking statistic at the bottom end of that page on the number of errors, but about par for the course for Govt databases. :angry:

Return to “THE PUB”