Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Drogan

Re: What would you do? What can I do?

Post by Drogan »

Mawsley - are you referring to Triumph Welliingborough or CCM? many thanks
Drogan

Post by Drogan »

Ralph - Yes you are correct and that would be our standard prodcedure. There are always two sides to any story. My salesman has returned from holiday today so rest assured I shall get to the bottom of what was said and this example will be used for training purposes.
We have never had a situation such as this before as the OP's bike is the first we have had coming back in PX.
We have one last demo bike for sale and another used one owner GP450 coming in soon also.
Bodysnatcher

Post by Bodysnatcher »

Hi everyone, time for a bit of an update.
Finally got my bike last Tuesday, road 120 miles home from Perth, with my better half on her bike. No dramas just takes a bit of getting used to. My other bike is a V Strom 650XT, very smooth, eats up the miles, very comfortable BUT I find VERY TOP HEAVY especially with panniers and wife on the back.
So the GP450 is light, got good low down torque, seems to do good MPG, vibrates like a waker plate on hard concrete and I can see why some people call it the Bolton tractor.
I actually like basic vehicles, previous bikes include XL500, DR350,SLR650 and a nice XT660R. The vibs I will get used to. Did 300 miles this weekend locally with the wife on the back. So far so good!
Now I am happy with the product, I may even buy a new one when I sell the V Strom next year, and my wife will have this one.
However the purchase process was not great to say the least.
I asked about the price of the bike £5495. OK. Did it have cush drive rear wheel? NO.
OK do you have a second hand rear cush drive wheel? Yes.
How much £250 . Great, I'll be down for test ride!
Get down to find that's the price to change the back wheel not to purchase it. I.E. I can't keep the original wheel. First MISUNDERSTANDING. OK a bit pissed off but a misunderstanding
Now I've done a small amount of homework and ask a few questions about known problems, has it got heavy duty starter, check. Have the tank venting been updated, check. Has it got the high output generator, check. Has it got the updated rear axle , as I read that at least one and possibly two had snapped ( the thickness of the metal where the threads are cut is to weak, and the threads are to long extending to the inside face of the swingarm ). The answer was yes it had been replaced, but they had never had one SNAP. Someone had probably over tightened it and it had BENT not snapped. OK. Has the tank brass outlets been updated to the none leaking design, check
Great buy bike and go home.
Then do more homework and see photos of said axle clearly with the threaded part still in the nut and not attached to the rest of the axle . That is some bend. WHY?
Just say there was some dodgy axles and they've all been replaced . Job done.
The internet and forums are quite good for homework and you are quite likely to be found out if you adjust things! And WHY
I have been a big fan of CCM since the 604DS, and this process has taken some of the edge off my new purchase. Next time I may have to go to one of their dealers to buy a new one. Sorry for the extremely long reply. Hopefully this will clear some of the murky waters! Thanks

Return to “THE PUB”