Thief at large at the Dragon!!!

Where you've been and what you done
Bigdavesmate

Post by Bigdavesmate »

We had several people coming up to us this morning saying they had had phones,wallets etc stolen from inside their tents whilst they were in them! then low and behold, my friend from the tent next door realised his wife's new phone and cash went missing from their inner tent whilst they slept!
Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen.- Louis L'Amour
special one

Re: Thief at large at the Dragon!!!

Post by special one »

That sucks, must've been a skilled thief though to unzip peoples tents without them knowing or hearing anything.
Current bikes...

2003 KTM 950 adventure in silvery blue...

2013 KTM 450 exc-f in orange /white

2007 Scorpa SY250 trials in blue.
Bigdavesmate

Post by Bigdavesmate »

A lot of people probably had their "beer blankets" on, I know feelings were running high and if he had been caught, he would be hanging from the nearest tree with his boll*cks in his mouth.
Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen.- Louis L'Amour
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

That's shit! It's a sad day when you're not even safe at a bike rally! :angry:
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Stick them in the bottom of your sleeping bag. Don't use the pockets in the side of your tent as the thieves don't even need to unzip it, they just shine a torch on the outside, see the shadow shape of wallet and phone, and slit the tent from the outside.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

That's bad news for everyone that lost stuff, I feel sort of lucky that me and my mates didn't suffer the same fate.
one-legged adventurer
jasext

Post by jasext »

Yes they did Bob, Emma and Jason were robbed. Emma woke up and heard the guy in the porch area of the tent, she seen him and screamed but he ran away, even took Jason's trousers which she later found but his wallet and phone were gone. Hope the feckers get run over and killed on the way home.

You would have thought there was some sort of security at an event that size. wont be going again
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

It's a really bad day when somewhere like the Dragon rally isn't safe. I've been to rallies all across Europe and always feel a bit more wary in the summer but winter rallies you really shouldn't need to worry apart from the fact that an opportunist thief can obviously walk into the field and rob whatever they want.

It wasn't my stuff that got nicked so it's easy for me to pass comment but I really wouldn't blame the organisers for lack of security. If it happens again then they need to cop some abuse but this is the first time I've heard of this kind of thing happening there so a bit of understanding is needed.
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

jasext wrote:Yes they did Bob, Emma and Jason were robbed. Emma woke up and heard the guy in the porch area of the tent, she seen him and screamed but he ran away, even took Jason's trousers which she later found but his wallet and phone were gone. Hope the feckers get run over and killed on the way home.

You would have thought there was some sort of security at an event that size. wont be going again
Oh Jesus, I was wondering what area/field it had happened as no one in our field mentioned anything this morning.

I'm really sorry to hear that, it's put a real downer on what was a great weekend otherwise :(
one-legged adventurer
Dazzer

Post by Dazzer »

Only place I have ever been robbed was at a bikers Rally . Sturgis in 1987. Someone nicked my money belt when I was in the shower.

I guess not all bikers are Honest :(

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”