Walters Arena

Info on biker meeting places such as Box Hill,Poole Quay, etc. Please start each post with the county followed by the place in the subject box i.e. Warwickshire - The Waterman. It'll make things a lot easier to follow.
Daz Brecon

Walters Arena

Post by Daz Brecon »

Anyone know if you can pay and play at Walters Arena Wales on an Adventure bike, and how much for a morning/afternoon or a full day, also going to get info for Sweetlamb adventure bike academy in Llanidloes just 30 odd miles north of me in Brecon, fancy the odd morning/afternoon on decent hard packed trails, cheers
The Sarge

Re: Walters Arena

Post by The Sarge »

Daz,
Walters is pretty locked down at present for anyone other than the BMW school. The place is like Fort Knox, overhead boulders blocking all the possible entry points from Sarn !

Sarge
jasext

Post by jasext »

The only LEGAL way to ride Walters is either on the Dawn till dusk or the BMW offroad school, although you you can ride through when the bottom end of the Sarn is open, plenty of trails around your way to ride without doing Walters.

There is a group started up not far from you called Cwmtawe malitia, they meet once a month and have a a few ride out although not on the trails as yet.

They are only on FB . also try vdsr forum for rideouts
Daz Brecon

Post by Daz Brecon »

Thanks mate I thought it would be looks like an amazing place from Google Earth
Daz Brecon

Post by Daz Brecon »

Thanks for the advice, I thought it all would be tied down
herman

Post by herman »

Awesome place to race though :)
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Daz Brecon wrote:Thanks mate I thought it would be looks like an amazing place from Google Earth
It was many years ago.
I bet Banwen, Bunkers Gulley and the radio mast are all off limits too these days :(
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
jasext

Post by jasext »

Sadly yes and a lot of other too
GordieHop

Post by GordieHop »

Why not just use the unclassified roads that are open to all in Mid Wales? Nothing to pay!

A good starting place is near Aberystwyth. Get OS map 135 and look for "other routes with public access". Plenty of "hard packed tracks".
Richard Simpson

Post by Richard Simpson »

Daz Brecon wrote:Anyone know if you can pay and play at Walters Arena Wales on an Adventure bike, and how much for a morning/afternoon or a full day, also going to get info for Sweetlamb adventure bike academy in Llanidloes just 30 odd miles north of me in Brecon, fancy the odd morning/afternoon on decent hard packed trails, cheers
Suggest you join the Trail Riders Fellowship and take part in the South Wales Group...rides most weekends, including in your area

www.trf.org.uk

Return to “BIKER HANG-OUTS”