Ride like a Copper...

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Mawnanian

Re: Ride like a Copper...

Post by Mawnanian »

BrynS wrote:Not necessary to do stuff like that with only with blue lights on, but sensible....less chance of a member of the public making a complaint. The main thing is to always be able to justify your actions ... ;)
Safer too I would think, when people see a blue light they are prepared to give way. No light and they may not even notice that a vehicle is coming through, especially a bike. Thanks for the answer.
BrynS

Post by BrynS »

Mawnanian wrote:
BrynS wrote:Not necessary to do stuff like that with only with blue lights on, but sensible....less chance of a member of the public making a complaint. The main thing is to always be able to justify your actions ... ;)
Safer too I would think, when people see a blue light they are prepared to give way. No light and they may not even notice that a vehicle is coming through, especially a bike. Thanks for the answer.
Precisely...and the first question would be 'did you have your blues on?'

:ohmy:
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

garyboy wrote:police riders are usually on very powerful machines (its rare to see a copper on a 200 cc trail bike chasing a hyabusa)
/....
I'd like to see anyone chase a Busa when it's on full chat :P
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Mawnanian wrote:
-Ralph- wrote:
Mawnanian wrote:I've a general question concerning the motorway speeding on the second video. I'm sure I've read that when under a blue light police and emergency service vehicles are allowed in certain circumstances to take liberties with the Highway Code but other than that they are subject to the same rules as everybody else. Am I right?
Speeding, treat a red light as a give way sign, ride to the right of a keep left sign.
Yes, I used to see them doing that sort of thing regularly when I was riding in London, both with and without a blue light (always bikes when no blue light) but my question was whether it was legal if no blue light.
Not having a go at you Ralph but I hope someone can give a definitive answer.
Yes, on blue light and only for Fire, Police and Ambulance. Not legal for any other blue light users.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

when people see a blue light they are prepared to give way

done a few blue light runs in my time and the first thing I learnt was NOT TO TRUST THE PUBLIC to do the right thing, they may stop but in the most dangerous place like on a zebra crossing with bollards in the centre of the road. They may continue to drive along the road at exactly 30mph completely ignoring you and behaving like a started rabbit in the headlights or the "if I ignore them or it's not me syndrome"

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself

Return to “THE PUB”