Disappearing posts

Help, rules, advice and announcements.
-Ralph-

Disappearing posts

Post by -Ralph- »

Anyone else having an issue with normal posts that don't break any rules doing a disappearing act in the last week or so?

Not sure if it's a Tapatalk technical issue, or whether I've upset one of the mods and turned then into Kim Jong Un with a delete button.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
boboneleg

Re: Disappearing posts

Post by boboneleg »

So you're comparing the mods with a North Korean dictator, probably why your posts have been deleted :laugh:
one-legged adventurer
-Ralph-

Disappearing posts

Post by -Ralph- »

They have a sense of humour (I think...) ;-)

Only seems to happen when I post through Tapatalk but then I do most of my posting through Tapatalk. It's there but next time I go back into the thread it's gone. Check with a browser, it's still gone.

"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

Won't be a technical glitch.................Modded :huh:
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
Sleepy

Post by Sleepy »

Who said that...? where's he gone?
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

Your post yesterday was deleted by myself as the only part of it that was on topic was the first sentence that was complaining about the thread.
Yes that thread has some petty bickering, but its winter people go stir crazy in winter.

As we have seen of late that sort of thread moaning is contagious and leads to thread locking. So please try to stay at least close to topic, and if the thread isn't going the way you like try and add something constructive to bring it back on track or leave it. (thumbs)
-Ralph-

Disappearing posts

Post by -Ralph- »

OK Craig, fair do's. The post was responding to others who were commenting on winter blues affecting the forum, but I agree it was absolutely nothing to do with the forth bridge.

It's not for me to say what should or shouldn't be deleted, it was just a bit of chat and I do go off on a tangent sometimes. However the bickering posts in that thread I'd have thought more worthy of deletion than one thats simply gone off topic TBH.

Did you delete any others earlier in the week by any chance?

CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

-Ralph- wrote:OK Craig, fair do's. The post was responding to others who were commenting on winter blues affecting the forum, but I agree it was absolutely nothing to do with the forth bridge.

It's not for me to say what should or shouldn't be deleted, it was just a bit of chat and I do go off on a tangent sometimes. However the bickering posts in that thread I'd have thought more worthy of deletion than one thats simply gone off topic TBH.

Did you delete any others earlier in the week by any chance?

I understand mate, if you had quoted somebody within the thread it may have tied in better. But on its own it just stood out as a totally off topic /tangent. (thumbs)

The bickering isn't against the forum rules but the off topic posts and personal political abuse is so we delete when we feel necessary.

Ive deleted loads this week, and edited even more. I would rather edit slightly than delete to be honest but sometimes editing leaves the post totally out of context. (thumbs)
Tourist-Biker

Post by Tourist-Biker »

CRAIGREVO wrote: If the thread isn't going the way you like try and add something constructive to bring it back on track or leave it.(thumbs)
Good advice well done Craig :)
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

-Ralph- wrote:Anyone else having an issue with normal posts that don't break any rules doing a disappearing act in the last week or so?
Yes :(

Return to “WEBSITE AND FORUM STUFF”