It's time for a jacket count

Does my ass look big in these?
KimR

Re:It's time for a jacket count

Post by KimR »

I forgot:blush: --I have the Klim Valdez also.

Post by Guest »

Alun wrote:
HP2Mav wrote:
I'm not going to play this game - it's embarrassing how many jackets I have!
There is a quote in the old scriptures that relates to motorcycle jackets... 'too many is never enough'. It's time to show us your wardrobe.
I confess to maybe even wanting another one :blush:
scouse

Post by scouse »

I am contemplating another one to go with my new ish trousers... anyone ever had experience of the Halversonns Optimal jacket ?
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
Alun

Post by Alun »

This thread is getting serious, I'm off out to buy another jacket so that I can join in.
herman

Post by herman »

KimR wrote:
Top of my wish list at present time that one. How do you guys rate it?
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Watty

Post by Watty »

Rukka Steel jacket - their cheapest jacket (replaced by the Marco) at 420 quid. Not really warm enough for winter imho, so instead of the liner I use a Berghaus windproof fleece.
Matching Rukka strides.
Daytona goretex boots.

Alpinestars Hero leather - not at all 'bikey'.
Hood kevlar jeans
KimR

Post by KimR »

herman wrote:
KimR wrote:
Top of my wish list at present time that one. How do you guys rate it?
Fantastic! Warm and dry. Stretch is built in. Has a trick waterproof zipper. I got mine by sponsoring Jonah Street, the American Dakar rider, at http://www.rallypanam.com/riffraff.html Jonah won the Rally Mongolia in August!
garyr

Post by garyr »

I use a rukka jacket and trousers most of the time, so good that i threw away my waterproofs. alpinestar leather jacket, draggin jeans and for boots i have daytona goretex boots and my favourite bit of bike clothing ever- Altberg boots.
who dares, bins
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

My favourite jacket is my BMW black leather, super cool on or off the bike, I also have an Alpinestars sphere, and trackpants, with the leathers I tend to use a Sidi short lined waterproof over jacket for rain or sudden cold spells, and for winter - autumn I haven't found anything to to beat the Spada courdra 3/4 length jacket, waterproof, warm, armoured and plenty of stowage space, and above all it wasn't too expensive.
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
africajim

Post by africajim »

MidnightSerenity wrote:I've got one biking leather jacket (broken zip so not usable just yet - only wore it twice! :angry: ), so tend to wear my ski jacket. So far, it's been great (and I think it looks ok too actually), although it's not waterproof.

Will have to save my pennies to get my first 'proper' biker's jacket!! :) They are SO expensive!! :(
Ok. it's late on a Saturday, been dabbling with red wine, white wine, whisky, drambuie, crabbies and now JD and coke but,,,,,, don't think I'm being condescending, as I'm the first person to ride around in shorts and a T-shirt but, hey, I'm not as good looking as you! Protection's what I'm rambling about! My point?
Old leather jacket? No mention of body armour? Ski jacket? Definitely no body armour! Not even waterproof? GODDAMN!
My jacket, with Knox body armour was a mere £115, waterproof and more importantly safe. There are some out there for around £60 with armour.
I've thrown a few bikes up the road, some terminal, but luckily I'm not! I make the decision to ride with T-shirt and shorts, my choice, as it is yours but to say safety is too expensive? Please, for the price of a decent meal out for two, go buy a jacket that keeps you dry and safe! Sorry for being condescending! :(
Honda, the power of dreams.

Return to “CLOTHING”