It's time for a jacket count

Does my ass look big in these?
Shyhoulud

Re:It's time for a jacket count

Post by Shyhoulud »

Okay, just went crazy with my debit card and bought some IXS Gear (Melbourne jacket and Canberra trousers)

Rode home in it and a couple things need adjusting. I've not used textile gear before (or any gear save an old-style leather jacket and Red Route jeans) and so I thought that the knee protectors were supposed to sit on the knee whilst walking around...

...made for an uncomfortable ride home. :blush:

Also if you don't want to do up the top button, there is a magnet in the extended top fastening that allows you to easily close the top. Well my aim was kind of off and I eventually gave up. Easy to do now I know :)

I shall write a review of the kit after i've done a longish trip with it in a week or so.
herman

Post by herman »

Mr Toad wrote:
Like any other sensible man I have 6 jackets for different occasions (you need to look the part) but OBJECT of DESIRE check out the KLIM adventure suit on the Adventure Spec site. I've seen one in the flesh and they are really well made, designed for adventure touring and the shell is waterproof and not just a Z liner inside the outer jacket, so everything stays dry. But like all the best kit you need deep pockets. Need to wear out at least two other jackets before I could even start to justify to myself. The price difference from a reasonable quality item would pay for couple of weeks away.
With you there,over a grand for a jacket,even one that good,is not at the top of my list-unfortunately. :(
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
KimR

Post by KimR »

Tourmaster Transitions Jacket
Tourmaster Caliber trousers
Tourmaster Cruiser leather jacket
CyclePort Ultra II kevlar mesh jacket with Gore-Tex liner
CyclePort Ultra II kevlar mesh trousers with Gore-Tex liners
CyclePort stretch kevlar jeans

The CyclePort stuff is fantastic and very well made. I've crashed-tested it and neither it nor I suffered any real damage. www.cycleport.com
africajim

Post by africajim »

Another jacket to the fold, Fiona picked up a new jacket from the local dealers today, good discount on an RST Paragon 2, feels a quality product, let's see how the winter goes!
jacket.jpg
jacket.jpg (116.04 KiB) Viewed 1924 times
Honda, the power of dreams.

Post by Guest »

I'm not going to play this game - it's embarrassing how many jackets I have!
Alun

Post by Alun »

HP2Mav wrote:
There is a quote in the old scriptures that relates to motorcycle jackets... 'too many is never enough'. It's time to show us your wardrobe.
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

I bought a new RST jacket, similar to the one Jims modelling, last year, great quality, this will be its second winter but has been a good all year coat.
Problem with a new jacket is all the new pockets, loads of em.
Put my mobile in the safest one, i could hear it ringing but could'nt find it. :ohmy:
Since i bought the RST it's been my only choice, i know if i buy a new one i probably won't wear the old one again.
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
MidnightSerenity

Post by MidnightSerenity »

HP2Mav wrote:
We are all curious now....how many jackets DO you have HP2Mav? :)
MidnightSerenity

Post by MidnightSerenity »

I've got one biking leather jacket (broken zip so not usable just yet - only wore it twice! :angry: ), so tend to wear my ski jacket. So far, it's been great (and I think it looks ok too actually), although it's not waterproof.

Will have to save my pennies to get my first 'proper' biker's jacket!! :) They are SO expensive!! :(

Post by Guest »

BMW Streetguard 3 - great winter and wet weather jacket:

Belstaff Leather - surprisingly warm and shower proof, really for going to the pub:

Belstaf Waxy - has built in shoulder and elbow armor, shower proof, great for riding to meetings where you need something to wear off the bike:

Aerostich Darien - bought this for wet weather riding, has been superseded by the Streetguard, will likely sell:

BMW Rallye 2 Pro - awesome dual sport jacket, bullet proof construction, but you still need to carry a waterproof layer to go on top:

Klim Valdez Parka - made of goretex so no waterlogged outer, designed to go over body armor, great for dirt riding in inclement weather:

BMW Club Sport jacket - nice summer jacket with built in shoulder and elbow armor. This was the first jacket Mavette bought for me :-)

And somewhere in the back of the wardrobe is a streetguard 2 jacket that stopped being waterproof after 35,000 miles

Return to “CLOTHING”