Refugee Crisis

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
SteveW

Refugee Crisis

Post by SteveW »

I woke up at 4:00am this morning, my head is full of plans to do the TAT at the moment, but for some reason I began pondering the Refugee "Crisis" not really a subject I've studied.
OK, we've all kinds of shitty stuff going on, mostly it would seem radical Muslims trying to turn large parts of the Middle East back to the Stone Age.
Cue...loads of young healthy men trying to escape to Europe and build a new life in the West.
It's a problem for Europe, we have to help, no question about that. But simply opening the borders and allowing a chaotic influx of humanity into our societies really isn't the answer.
These young men should be fighting the militants, taking back their countries and rebuilding their societies.
Eastern Europe is vast and lagging behind Western Europe economically.
So, build big secure "Concentration Camps" funded by the rich Western powers, located in and administered by Eastern European countries. We are so paranoid about this type of camp because of the crimes committed by the Nazis.
The local economies will be boosted tremendously in the vicinity of these camps. As I say totally funded by the rich European powers.
The camps would be secure, there would be fences and guards. But these should be safe places, places of training and education. These people, men and women should be given the skills necessary to fight their enemies and rebuild their countries.
The refugees being fed a pack of lies about what to expect in Europe should be made to know what to expect when they get here, that their lives are no longer in danger and that they will be given the training Military, Social and technical skills to be able to assist meaningfully in the re-taking of their own country, pretty much like the training we gave the free Polish people during WW2.
ratass

Re: Refugee Crisis

Post by ratass »

Yep they should be fighting for their country like every able bodied person should.what happens when all the troubles are sorted will they all go back home again ?.
Jon
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

ratass wrote:Yep they should be fighting for their country like every able bodied person should.what happens when all the troubles are sorted will they all go back home again ?.
Jon
it's the modern way, they can't be arsed when we will give them a better life instead :whistle:
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

I think it's about us offering to help and giving them a clear pathway to help themselves.
If they don't want our help, then it's immediate repatriation Sonny Boy.
Edit....or should that be "Sunni Boy"
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

We need to help them as best we can. But everyone can't live in Europe it isn't feasible.
The problem needs sorting at the cause, not the symptom.
Give them the help they need. Sort out the mess in their home country then help them build a better life when they return. All of them staying isn't an option..

BTW Steve, you're doing the TAT! We'd never have known :P
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
rocky

Post by rocky »

vRSG60 wrote:We need to help them as best we can. But everyone can't live in Europe it isn't feasible.
The problem needs sorting at the cause, not the symptom.
Give them the help they need. Sort out the mess in their home country then help them build a better life when they return. All of them staying isn't an option..

BTW Steve, you're doing the TAT! We'd never have known :P
None of them staying is the option, We haven't got a clue who we are letting in... May all be isis soldiers for all we know :(
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

During two World Wars we accepted thousands of young men fleeing from countries that were at war and we trained them then sent them back to fight for their countries.

All well and good but these days we could be training men who will simply go back and use their new found skills to fight for the wrong side because we wouldn't have a clue who we were training. I can't see a simple solution to it.
Mac 60

Post by Mac 60 »

AndyB wrote:During two World Wars we accepted thousands of young men fleeing from countries that were at war and we trained them then sent them back to fight for their countries.

All well and good but these days we could be training men who will simply go back and use their new found skills to fight for the wrong side because we wouldn't have a clue who we were training. I can't see a simple solution to it.
Yea thats my biggest fear, could we be letting in people who,s ideology/religion will eventually lead them to turn on us. Never happen here, allready has. They should stand and fight. God knows we,ve had to many times in our own history
R.I.P Lee Rigby
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

One of things I like about this site is that talking bikes and campsites is pleasantly removed from politics (unlike facebook this year which seems to be a hotbed of left wing and rightwing shouting contests).

I have another opinion about the fleeing masses. Imagine you are born in Syria (or Iraq, Iran any of them places really), you grow up with no education, no health care, your family are continuously brutalised by men with guns, you have nothing, when you work and earn something the men with guns just take what they want and call them selves the government. Then a war breaks out for no reason you can understand as the news is controlled, loads of your powerless friends and family are killed. You have two options, either join an army or militia to fight for a side who have given you no reason to have loyalty for. Or go somewhere where you might be able to live a life with your basic needs and rights protected.

Let's be honest, if we took them in and trained them to be soldiers and sent them home would that solve the middle east? Would they believe that they could win and then raise families in a safe and fair community?

I don't know what the answer is but being born in a particular country is a lottery, those poor buggers born in Syria did not win that lottery.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

But Andy, in a controlled environment such as a camp we have the opportunity to vet who we "Detain" rather than letting God know's who into Europe.
It would be a pretty risky way to get military training, that's readily available to the extremists on the ground in their own country, I don't think our home grown extremists are flocking to join the British army to acquire the skills needed to fight against us.
Some of these people would be invaluable to any future coalition military operations, providing Intel and translation at the very least.

Return to “THE PUB”