MCN Festival

Info on biker meeting places such as Box Hill,Poole Quay, etc. Please start each post with the county followed by the place in the subject box i.e. Warwickshire - The Waterman. It'll make things a lot easier to follow.
yoda

MCN Festival

Post by yoda »

Anyone else go to the MCN Festival (used to be BMF) this weekend? what did you think?

Said hello to Nathan Millward and picked up a signed copy of Graham Fields new book, plenty of bikes to look at but the event seemed a little quite to me, didn't look to be that many people camping..might have been something to do aith the £25 entyr on the gate?
Chaos is the only camouflage that incompetence needs to operate at full capacity.

I dunno where that road goes, might as well go take a look anyway there's no where else i need to be right now.
Nigel

Re: MCN Festival

Post by Nigel »

Said a couple of years ago when it was the BMF I wouldn`t bother any more and at £25 they can go and do one :ohmy:
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

BMF, MCN what's the difference.
"Oracles of biking" I don't think so!
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
Flid

Post by Flid »

I hope these photos come up in this post. This was my origional view at the MCN Festival. Note how similar it is to Mongolia only more expensive and less motorbikes.
20150516_0852231.jpg
20150516_0852231.jpg (49.38 KiB) Viewed 2761 times
P1000370.jpg
P1000370.jpg (35.38 KiB) Viewed 2761 times
Taking the pretentious out of adventurous.
yoda

Post by yoda »

Flid wrote:I hope these photos come up in this post. This was my origional view at the MCN Festival. Note how similar it is to Mongolia only more expensive and less motorbikes.
20150516_0852231.jpg
P1000370.jpg
At least it wasn't a bike event in Texas Graham, your table wouldn't provide you with much cover against the hail (of bullets) there.
Thanks for signing the book for me hope it sells well (thumbs)
Chaos is the only camouflage that incompetence needs to operate at full capacity.

I dunno where that road goes, might as well go take a look anyway there's no where else i need to be right now.
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

Pitches look nicely staked out :whistle:
I guess they think if punters can shell out 16 grand on a bike then 25 quid to look at them is peanuts.
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
Bernard Smith

Post by Bernard Smith »

Flid wrote:I hope these photos come up in this post. This was my origional view at the MCN Festival. Note how similar it is to Mongolia only more expensive and less motorbikes.
20150516_0852231.jpg
Very good Graham :laugh: (thumbs)

I heard you just upped sticks and moved........ (thumbs)

Reader’s Digest on TOUCHING THE WORLD - “…rueful, irreverent, always incredibly vivid, unfailingly honest, a powerful love story in a book crammed with astonishing achievements.”

http://www.worldtour.org.uk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews ... wpoints=1/
daytona-supersport

Post by daytona-supersport »

Pretty good day really. I live a couple of miles from the showground and wanted to get a bit of feedback before blowing £25. So ride up there on my old Matchless dirt bike, but go to the back entrance gate. This means I can have a blast along the gravel and dirt track that runs around the showground. Out the other end and off to Webbs at Eye for chuck wagon breakfast. Meet a couple of guys and am informed that the show is not worth the bother. Ride of down to Wheels on the trading estate to meet a few more friends. I think the food is better at Webbs. After the usual natter and coffee, got bored and went off for a ride. As I was passing the showground I did the tracks the other way round. then of down bullock road and onto the byways. Rode the bottom end of Bullock road byway down to Sawtry and then took the old A1 road down to Alconbury to fill up the tank. Rode back up to Peterborough by the same route, Bullock Road / byway, but including Gypsy lane on the way. Went off to the motorway services for a decent fresh coffee and chill out with some bikers I met from up north, They confirmed the show was not up to much. Leaving the services thought I should put in one more rip around the playground, er, showground. Did this with the security guys telling me I was going against the one way traffic. No worries mate, I'll just ride off to the side. So a final flip and off home for teatime.
Yep. all told not a bad day at the no show, show. If I had not been riding alone I would have taken in a few more trails and had an even better day avoiding the show.
Ah well, Next year the show may be bigger and I'll have the excuse to go of riding more of the local trails. (thumbs)
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Had a good time watching the David Knight Enduro stuff, the flat track racing, and my 7 yr old son loved the Wall of Death and a few fairground rides, but if you went to see bikes and buy bike kit you'd be disappointed. 4 of us went together so we paid £17 in advance.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I was planning to go and stay overnight then realised it was the BMF under a different name and binned the idea. I used to like the BMF when they had the Memba Rally on Saturday then everyone else rocked up on Sunday because you could get some good buys but last time I went it was crap.

Return to “BIKER HANG-OUTS”