Aluns rearguard advance scouting party.

Where you've been and what you done
mahoosiv

Aluns rearguard advance scouting party.

Post by mahoosiv »

Following on from Aluns tremendous last green lane around Ufton we decided to scout it out and report back, in true ABR fashion we determined the need to present ourselves at Glebe Farm for brekkie first, prior to setting out to follow in the footsteps (or treadmarks) of the great one (and Alun).

This was a dual pointed expedition, A) was to simply go have some fun and B) was to test the just arrived replacement head cam for the VIO POV HD camera set.

Duly sated we proceeded to Ufton whereupon we took the to first lane!

Ufton to Hunningham

Steady going on this one and wound up at the railway bridge, very impressed with the bike so far.

2 Videos - up to the bridge and afterwards.

[video][/video]

[video][/video]

Hunningham Green Lane

Short little section - lots of undergrowth but great fun - especially the nice track section.

[video][/video]

Ashorne (Failed)
Hmmm, we looked at this one and to be honest the grass made us bottle it, none of us fancied testing Tourances on grass - so we missed that one out and pressed on.

Newbold Pacey to Hampton Lucy

This was a cracker, started off nice and easy and wound up in some ruts (had a couple of heart stoppers) finally disgorging us just out of the Research station in Wellesbourne.

Notable point was us missing the lane (despite it staring us in the face) and taking an incorrect route via a footpath whereupon we met a very friendly farmer who showed us where we had gone wrong - interestingly he pointed out that the 'Landrover Boys' had nowhere near the same regard for the lanes as we had and was suprised somewhat that we were using dual purpose tyres and had what appeared to be conventional bikes.

The correct route was this bit here..

He bid us a cheery farewell and we proceeded along the correct route again.

To discover a rutty grassy muddy bit (horror!) within sight of the main road!

VIDEO UPLOADING - Link to follow

To summarise:
All in all a very satisfactory ride out and one I can recommend to all. I'd like to thank my fellow 'bikers' Steve & Ben (Kendo & Jammin) who kept me informed over the comms about the scary bits and above all waited for me - I'm slow..

Fair to say - my experience with lanes is minimal, in fact Alun led us on my first one ever 2 weeks ago and so I have bugger all experience.

The bike is a GSA 1150 with Tourances and carrying a 205 Kilo rider - if I can do it then I think anyone can :) Its a fab way to get some exercise!

I found the camera set to be unobtrusive and the quality (whilst shot in not the highest mode) to be more than adequate. I deliberately turned off the mic so as not to have the awful wind noise thing until I sort out an external mic for the helmet.
mahoosiv

Re: Aluns rearguard advance scouting party.

Post by mahoosiv »

I'm adding some more images and video to this post as they upload.

Will update as they happen!
Alun

Post by Alun »

Good to see you having some fun lads. Next time you're going out to play give your neighbour a shout. :)

Shame you missed this one

Green lane a day 4 057_2011-05-13.jpg
Green lane a day 4 057_2011-05-13.jpg (180.52 KiB) Viewed 2334 times
hornet

Post by hornet »

well done chap

blimey thats a fair weight with rider and bike

good on ya

ps ive seen the post on TRF re the railway track its worth cross checking with local council but jp1st on TRF site does seem to know about right of way and legality. If there are bikes on there playing ,its a posibility they are doing it ileagaly which is fine until they get caught or a local nimby manages to get a TRO on the passing byway stating its the reason for the ilegal use.I hope it does turn out for the better but not much does.

hornet
Two wheels roaming. My FB page
Kendo

Post by Kendo »

Twas my post on the TRF. Alun, i forgot about you :ohmy: . We are going to try and make it a friday morning brekky outing for a couple of hours so will deffo drop you a line before we go next time. Just need to spend some time finding them and plotting them on my sat nav!!
Alun

Post by Alun »

By the way, the title of this thread could be interpreted by some as code for a secretive gathering of perverts. :blink:
mahoosiv

Post by mahoosiv »

Yes I suppose it could - all this talk of dogging too!!

2 videos uploaded now - allthough the first one is still being processed, I am a You Tube noob - so I may have it all very wrong....

Planning on dusting off Premiere when i get home for edited highlights with titles and music - that will keep me busy and off Eve for a couple hours!

**UPDATE**
It would appear that a combination of iMovie and YouTube has conspired to wreak havoc on my nice part 2 video - I'll fiddle a bit and see why for the next one.
Jammin

Post by Jammin »

Music would be good Oo but lay off the Chris Rea will ya !!;)
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

I wouldn't mind getting involved in a Friday trial ride as my Sundays are normally spoken for. :(
Filagen

Post by Filagen »

well done you guys, thanks for uploading the trip, i enjoyed every minute of it:cheer:

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”