To Germany

Planning a little soiree, then post it up here. And please, no commercial stuff, this forum is about people not products or services - send us a press release.
Kenbo

To Germany

Post by Kenbo »

Im heading for Germany Friday 24th July.
Loose plan so far is leaving Stirling apox 2pm - M6 - midnight train tunnel - Schwetzngen about 3-4pm
Returning Sat 2nd Aug get to Stirling about 3-4pm on 3 Aug the same route.

Anyone going my way too meet up for part of the journey? As I say the plan is loose at the moment.

Cant get the map to paste onto post so on google maps
Alloa - Schwetzngen
Brads

Re: To Germany

Post by Brads »

Just back from Germany, brilliant riding.

The run from Edinburgh to Folkestone is mind numbing though.
Round the world ???

Round the bend more like !
Tourider

Post by Tourider »

I'm heading off for Germany on the same day as you but I'll be further east in the Harz Mountains and then Dresden areas. You'll be in the region of the Technik museums at Speyer and Sinsheim, well worth a visit if you've got time.
Kenbo

Post by Kenbo »

The run from Edinburgh to Folkestone is mind numbing though. I can imagine.

You'll be in the region of the Technik museums at Speyer and Sinsheim, well worth a visit if you've got time. Never knew that.

This trip is for a bit of family support (daughter not keeping too well) so not doing tourist bit this time. Going to take the grandkids off her hands for a couple of days to let her recoup a bit.
Bushman_uk

Post by Bushman_uk »

near J3 M6 if you need a coffee break or even a bed if you want an overnight stop .
Sloth

Post by Sloth »

Heading to Germany in Morning :)
Kenbo

Post by Kenbo »

Bushman_uk wrote:near J3 M6 if you need a coffee break or even a bed if you want an overnight stop .
Cheers bushman I was intending to take you up on the offer of a coffee on the road out but things have changed. As I said my plans were loose. Looks like I will be crossing country to Scoth Corner then down the M1/M25/Dover.

Im booked on the DFDS ferry at 00:30 at Dover
Returning on the same ferry Thursday 31st at 23:00
This gives me time on the return journey to stop in Belgum at Yreps to see the last post at the Menin gate (spelling?) I have always wanted to see some of the war memorials for both conflicts and pay my respects to those who did not come home.
Sloth

Post by Sloth »

Mate don't use the M1 the A1 is way better with more options and if you like you can slip down the M11 on to the M25 :) did this run yesterday enjoy (thumbs)
mjojom

Post by mjojom »

deleted
Kenbo

Post by Kenbo »

Sloth wrote:Mate don't use the M1 the A1 is way better with more options and if you like you can slip down the M11 on to the M25 :) did this run yesterday enjoy (thumbs)
cheers I will look into that route.

Return to “MEETS & RUNS”