No everyone's first choice of machine but they're out there doing it
http://pandfroundtheworld.blogspot.co.u ... s.html?m=1
Our biggest ride - Australia to England

www.wollongongtowoolwich.co.uk
DaleC

Re: RTW 2 up on an Electraglide

Post by DaleC »

Agreed - not my first choice. Or in the top 100 most likely :P

Apparently though, it is not the worst vehicle for the job as these guys have been going for 18 years on the same one! :blink:
Peter & Kay Forwood Trip

The bike is well over 600,000klm's now after travelling through all recognised countries!
Keyboard Adventurer! :D
yoda

Post by yoda »

Its not my usual choice of bike but i'm looking to ride a Harley Ultraglide from Brisbane to Cairns and back along the coastal road early next year to visit fiends in both places. My mates doing it on his Goldwing and we'll both be two up so couldn't see the point in hiring a GS/KTM, be something different for me at least..i'm in no hurry.
Chaos is the only camouflage that incompetence needs to operate at full capacity.

I dunno where that road goes, might as well go take a look anyway there's no where else i need to be right now.
dodursley

Post by dodursley »

And I worry about taking my 95 Ultra down some of our local (surfaced, just) country lanes thinking I should have used my Transalp!!
A fantastic journey
Elle

Post by Elle »

That's who sprung to mind when I read the OP, a fantastic journey on a very comfortable machine! :)
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way
Bushman_uk

Post by Bushman_uk »

well there i was just arrived in Vladivostok anticipating the long hard ride through Siberia( heading west) , thinking i was real cool, the dogs do dah's and one well hard bike rider. when two Fins turn up on Harley's Having ridden them from Finland across Russia and then intend to go onto Korea and USA .. that put me in my humble place !!

P1000296.JPG
P1000296.JPG (78.57 KiB) Viewed 1292 times

One bike had a broken drive on the starter motor and apparently would take months to get the part posted, so the local bike club turned out(Iron Tigers) removed the offending part took it to a fabrication shop , had a new part made and fitted by the next day !!

The two finnish guy's in question have said they may pop into Bulgaria when we have our little rally there in August.

Return to “RIDE REPORTS”