If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
never2old

Post by never2old »

Hi all,

I am new to this site and also a very recent convert to the joys of motorbike riding.
My hubby has had bikes ever since he was nearly old enough to legally ride one. It was always sports bikes before, but recently he swapped the R1 for a Super Ténéré. Then we were off on a trip from Central France (where we now live) to Bavaria.
There were times when more of my body parts ached than didn't; there were times we got very wet and very cold; but, there were also some fantastic rides and I loved every minute. In all, the faithfull Yamaha carried us 2,500 km in 6 days and after that I was well and truly hooked! Admittedly I am a passenger, not rider (so a pretend biker chick not a real one!) and have discovered the joys at the tender young age of 43, but hey, we all have to start somewhere and "Better late than never" I say.

We took our Land Rover and roof tent on a 3 mths tour of Morocco & Mauritania in 2007. Ever since then we have been itching to go on our next adventure. We planned to tour Kazakhstan next year, again with Landy and roof tent, but now I am determined we should do the trip on a bike. Definitely no objections from 'im indoors on that one!
So, next summer we shall take 3 mths out, swap the Super Ténéré for a BMW 1200 GS Adventure, pack the paniers, point the bike in an easterly direction and off we'll go!

In the meantime I am learning two languages: French and Motorbike (currently reading all I can on the latter and unashamedly neglecting the former!)
Having read many an issue of Adventure Travel magazine in the past, I am now looking forward to reading Adventure Bike Rider and hoping it will be available by mail order.

And, between now and next summer, we shall be out on the Super Ténéré as often as possible - next stop bike rally this weekend, Central France!!!
Alun

Re:Newbie

Post by Alun »

A great post, fantastic spirit and, a partner every bike rider would wish for. Hello and welcome never2old.

I can smell a feature for Adventure Bike Rider magazine in amongst all that lot. If you're interested send me a pm or email to [email protected]

Good to see some Adventure Travel readers on here and yes, Adventure Bike Rider will be available worldwide so no probs in central France. I'll be posting up subs details over the next couple of days.

You never know, might even pop a copy through your letterbox on the way back up from the Med – there's three of us riding down from Germany to the coast via the Alps next week.

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”