WANTED rack for xj600n

If you’re looking to clear out the garage or fill it back up post up your FOR SALE or WANTED here. No commercial sales, just personal stuff.
BABY V

WANTED rack for xj600n

Post by BABY V »

Hi folks as the subject says I am looking for rear rack for my wee xj600n. I came hereas I know there is a wealth of different bikers with different bikes, or you may just have one out in the garage from a previous bike

Cheers

Paul
sledgegreen

Re: WANTED rack for xj600n

Post by sledgegreen »

Do you want a top-box only rack, or top-box plus panniers?

When I tried to move the Givi Wing Rack from my 1995 600 Divvy to my 2000 Divvy I found that Yamaha had changed at least one of the mounting points, and the fitting kit didn't fit. I used a combination of the largest bracket from the 2005 fitting kit plus one of Givi's universal kits to fit the Wing Rack and that worked well. If you want panniers, you need to make sure you get the kit appropriate for the year of your bike.

The change came in the 1996 model year - the later bikes have the two piece sidepanels.

I have never used any of the top-box only racks, but don't think that there will be a problem with these. The ones that I have seen use only two mounting points on each side, and I think that there is enough flexibility to cope with the changes.

One more point that you need to be aware of if looking for a WingRack - the Givi fitting kits use a large expansion plug into the end of the frame tube. This is the main mounting, and it is often missing from kits offered for sale second hand. I think a lot of people don't realise it's there when they remove a rack, or don't know how to remove the bolt from the tube.
BABY V

Post by BABY V »

I am thinking just top box only rack, It just has to be somewhere I can strap a bag and tent just now, Or add a topbox at a later date when funds allow, Hope this helps

Cheers Paul
JimboF650

Post by JimboF650 »

No funduro anymore Paul?
BABY V

Post by BABY V »

No got rid of her last year as cash was a bit tight, But back on the road now, Just have to have my adventures on the wee XJ lol

Cheers
sledgegreen

Post by sledgegreen »

Noticed this 600 Divvy being broken for spares on e-bay. Couldn't get much further from Glasgow, but it has a Givi rack and top box.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-600-DI ... 20df891d40

Return to “FOR SALE - WANTED”