Taster video and call up

The ABR Rally season kicks off in Takoda Camping, Kirkby Stephen, Cumbria
Barnman

Taster video and call up

Post by Barnman »

Here are some clips of a day LancasterMick and I spent in the lakes exploring green lanes as a scouting party for the Boil rally.

Can those who haven't done so please express there interest in on road or off road on the following threads - thanks

Road only
Off Road only - Tourance level

[video][/video]

[video][/video]
CRAIGREVO

Re: Taster video and call up

Post by CRAIGREVO »

I cant wait!! But could you just pop back out there and clear all those stones from the track please, I don't want to scratch my bike. While your there could you try and dry out the puddles, my mum said Im not allowed to get wet. :whistle:
Lizzie

Post by Lizzie »

Thanks for posting these - all looks good fun!

Only 12 more sleeps to go :cheer:
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

mmmmm

nice one barney .keepin the theme ..getting the order right of course :dry:

the good

By minkyhead at 2009-04-01

the bad

By minkyhead at 2011-01-16

and the ugly

By minkyhead at 2011-02-12

nice footage B) som tricky climbs there for sure :woohoo: :woohoo:
i just wanted to put a foot note on the thread as when i put mine up it gave give some people the wrong idea ..

the reasons for this bloated posting is partly due to the reaction to my earlier video posting ..which by the nature of the beast shows more interesting viewing .. i / we really could put 2 hours of pleasent trails on with no big talking point ..so i thought id address these concerns below

just to put some minds at reast ...
ive had a couple of pms regarding routes ..showing some mild concern .
so here goes

WE ARE WELL AWARE that you have to get home safley ..and belive me we are not riding gods :silly:

please please note we are well aware of these concerns and just underlineing that some of these trails are done in the aid of reserch [but make good footage i suppose ] .. :whistle:

its a bit like doing track days .. new ..itermediate ...fuck knows whos doing the expert .. :woohoo: not me ..
anyway as long as you are aware of what group you would like to be in .. it should work out really well ...

we may well end up with two or three groups anyway due to numbers ..im off to morroco on the 19th so cant afford a twisted ankle or damaged bike ..

so will volenteer to lead a easier trail route .. that is if theres enough peiplle wanting that .. we will sort it all out on the morning im sure

my thoughts are based on what i see

mick is the best rock hopping guide always up there and always smiling ..
[unless he sticks his foot in a hole ...barf ]

intermediate me and barney usually get through ok ... so we can go figure from there ...

im sure we speak as one we want to share a little local knowlage and help everyone have a good time
.. not long now

whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

CRAIGREVO wrote:I cant wait!! But could you just pop back out there and clear all those stones from the track please, I don't want to scratch my bike. While your there could you try and dry out the puddles, my mum said Im not allowed to get wet. :whistle:

:laugh: :laugh: :side:
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
scouse

Post by scouse »

We should be okay if we break into smaller groups... looks like lots of walkers so no sense in upsetting them more than they upset themselves at the sight of us ;)

Dunno if I will be doing road or trail yet as Jules is on a waiting list for a dive at Stoney Cove the same weekend to finish off her PADI course. If she gets on she won't make the Boil, so I'll go for trail - if not be out on the road with her :D
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
Lancastermick

Post by Lancastermick »

Morning folks. :) I think it's important here to support what Barnman and Minkyhead have been saying. Our intention has always been to simply cater for the nosey buggers who like to get off the beaten track. We are not off-road monsters, and we like going home in one piece. To me, the whole challenge of going off-road is about seeing places I've never seen before and riding home on a complete motorcycle. ;)

Please don't expect an off-road, mental, eye-popping, teeth-grinding, mud-humping extravaganza! Think of it as a tootle in the mountains where you don't have to worry about cars and others big blocks of steel death. It's more of a chance to chill out on the trails. Steady away. ;)

That said, you probably will drop your bike, it will however be a slow humourous affair I hope that'll involve a slowly capsizing bike, a roll in muck and a bit of banter to follow. :laugh:

I'll be on my new GS all being well, with Tourance tyres on it, so that should put your minds at rest. It's a beautiful part of the country guys, so come and have a nosey. If anyone's riding with me, I may stop and read the map a bit, cause I'm no tour guide. Our main concern has been to make sure the trails we pick are legal, interesting, manageable and conveniently linked. :)

Crack on! :woohoo:
"Man needs difficulties, they are necessary for health." - Carl Jung
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

Big thanks guys for the efforts that you are and have made to make the Boil ride outs a great success .

Those videos are great and very helpful .

Cheers from Me
Barnman

Post by Barnman »

Thanks Minky - Appreciate that :(
Big thanks guys for the efforts that you are and have made to make the Boil ride outs a great success .
Its a hard job but someone's got to do it LWR ;)
clear all those stones from the track please

Yes Sir'eeee :laugh:

Did anybody notice those Highland cattle ? ...Didn't want to argue with them :unsure:
ipswichbiker

Post by ipswichbiker »

Thanks for all the leg work you guys are doing. :)
I went to the Caribbean on holiday with my wife last year.

Jamaica?

No, she wanted to.

Return to “ABR FIRST TO THE BOIL RALLY APRIL 15th 2011”