NICE DAY OUT FOR BIG TRAIL BIKES.

NICE DAY OUT FOR BIG TRAIL BIKES.

Post by Guest »

Did this route on my Triumph Scrambler last July. The trails are all legal Byways and were dry(ish) so most competent riders on most big trail bikes should cope.

Disclaimer :- Watch for the red flags on Salisbury Plain. Red Flag = live firing = don't enter.
cozmo1589

Re: NICE DAY OUT FOR BIG TRAIL BIKES.

Post by cozmo1589 »

The attachment when opened on my laptop came out as a load of mumbojumbo Please advise :huh:
2014 Honda VFR1200X Crosstourer DCT Highlander
Lee

Post by Lee »

Opens in Mapsource for Garmin GPS – Thanks Blacktiger, been compiling good tracks on an OS map for that area, ready for a weekend visit
In June this year I undertook the whole Nature Rally in one trip, in aid of Riders for Health

You can read about it at http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... s-now.html

please support me at http://www.justgiving.com/leeparsons-naturerally
dazedproductions

Post by dazedproductions »

Thanks, appreciate the tracks, all the trails around me are far too muddy, been looking for somewhere to play on supermoto tires so might try these out.
scouse

Post by scouse »

Lee wrote:Opens in Mapsource for Garmin GPS – Thanks Blacktiger, been compiling good tracks on an OS map for that area, ready for a weekend visit
This is why it's better to post in gpx format - not everyone owns a Garmin ;)

Same goes for the TomTom boys ;)
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
scouse

Post by scouse »

blacktiger wrote:Did this route on my Triumph Scrambler last July. The trails are all legal Byways and were dry(ish) so most competent riders on most big trail bikes should cope.

Disclaimer :- Watch for the red flags on Salisbury Plain. Red Flag = live firing = don't enter.
You can save tracks and routes from Mapsource as gpx that way they will be readable for TomTom and any other brands users.
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
Peejay

Post by Peejay »

Thanks Blacktiger, looking for some decent larger trails not too far away.
BMW R1200 GS Adventure

KTM 990 R Adventure

Wheresoever you go. Go with all your heart.

Post by Guest »

cozmo1589 wrote: The attachment when opened on my laptop came out as a load of mumbojumbo Please advise :huh:
Seems that on this site, for some reason, you have to right click the file and "save as" to a destination. Then it'll download. You can then open it in any mapping program that accepts .gpx
For me, the download opens straight into Mapsource.

Post by Guest »

dazedproductions wrote: Thanks, appreciate the tracks, all the trails around me are far too muddy, been looking for somewhere to play on supermoto tires so might try these out. peejay wrote: Thanks Blacktiger, looking for some decent larger trails not too far away. Maybe another disclaimer is due. Just because I did these trails on my Triumph Scrambler doesn't mean that they're not muddy or that they are "large". We take these bike where some would fear to tread. A taster......
maxxx

Post by maxxx »

Hi blacktiger - I did a "walkthrough" of your route last weekend and am just a bit curious as to the status of some of the lanes - there is a lane that runs behind a row of houses parallel to "Firs Road" in the town of Firsdown where there is a children's playground complete with climbing frame, seesaw, rmerry-go-round and swings and things built in the ajoining feild behind the houses - the lane runs between the playground and the houses.

When I enetered the lane, it was clearly marked as a byway .......then suddenly there were signs saying "public bridleway" all along the lane, and the route markers were painted blue...........and then when I got to the end of the lane, it said it was a byway!

There was another lane that had sign up with blue route markers that said "Off-Road Cycle Path" - this was a new one on me ........it was crossed by a byway called "Camberley way" or something like that - ut your route was folowing the cycle path.

I think that anyone following the route needs to do their own research but I'd appreciate it if you could point to a reference that you used to check out the lanes to save me some time as I'd hate to be one of the statistics I read about each month where bloke have earned themselves points on their license or worst case lost their bikes

Cheers

Return to “England”