Christmas domestics....

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Jelly

Christmas domestics....

Post by Jelly »

Why oh why do they get worse around Christmas time?

I've just had a stonking row with the missus, she's moaning that I've become tighter and meaner over the last 20 years. Stupid cow! :angry:

It got to boiling point when she locked herself in the kitchen and started ripping up all the plates.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
"The distant echo of faraway voices boarding far away trains,

To take them home to the ones that they love and who love them forever......."
Nigel

Re: Christmas domestics....

Post by Nigel »

:laugh: :laugh: oh the joys of marriage, remind me again why am I single :P
Road2Manchester

Post by Road2Manchester »

Welcome to the world of Road2, 'Tis the season to be moaned at. We have to be jolly and spend every penny we have so they can moan about being broke in January, the month of divorce paperwork.....
On the bright side, Tis only a few days to wait then we can get back to 'normal'.

Best thing is to say sorry.... yes I know that 4 letter word with 5 letters, and pretend to be happy, jolly and full of Christmas spirit.... then get full of Christmas Spirit, JD or Vodka works well.

See you on the flip side.

Merry Christmas you old miser......
cam to gif

If you ride like the wind, expect to get blown away. One lifetime is all we get use it wisely this ain;t no practise.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Jelly wrote:
I've just had a stonking row with the missus, she's moaning that I've become tighter and meaner over the last 20 years. Stupid cow! :angry:
No Jelly, you have become wiser and more prudent, you realise that all this spending on trivia and tat is pointless, does it really matter that you have forgotten something

You're not going to die, due to the lack of Brandy Butter

Christmas is made for women

If men were running the show, the modern Christmas of consumerism would be dead within 2 years

We'd have a big pissup, sing a few songs, have some decent homemade scan, like a stew......tell a few tales and slap each other the back

Once we'd sobered up..............we'd go out and ride our bikes (thumbs)
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
sidestand

Post by sidestand »

It's true - if most other blokes are like me, no cards would get sent, presents get bought on time, or food get prepared. :laugh:

A few bottles of single malt & a couple of take aways would do me (thumbs)

However, my wife has it sussed - and gets her own presents now, gets our daughter to wrap 'em & gives me the bill :pinch:
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

Enforced periods together over the 'Festive Period' often leads to a bust up; hopefully things will pan out in the New Year when normality (and sanity) returns
trophydave

Post by trophydave »

My Dad used to call it 'The festival of Saint Cash Register' I think he was right.
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

I have a double nightmare at Christmas.

Not only do I have the panic about making sure we have 2 years worth of food to last 2 days but it's my sons 6th birthday on the 27th.

Invites...oh what to put in the party bag....who to invite and not to invite!

It's just a not stop stress trip from the mrs for weeks over it all. We have very different ideas of how to have Xmas and we never agree.

She didn't have a great childhood and I did so she spoils our son rotten...we row all the time about it. I say no to Him so he goes to his mum for cake and cuddles.

There is so much pressure to have the perfect Christmas from all around that if what we plan or do does not live up to the media ideal we feel that we have let down our family.

Really it's all a load of rubbish and we should what we want to do.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
special one

Post by special one »

Tbh, me and my mrs don't argue much, we bicker more than argue, I think she's learnt not to have a go when I'm on one, so when my flames aren't being fanned, my temper burns out quickly.

She's a good woman tbh too which helps, she hardly ever moans, I do enough moaning for the two of us :)

While we are on the subject of Xmas, why are women so shit at shopping, with the Internet etc, I can't understand why my mrs has been to the city (Brum) 3 times Xmas shopping, do it in one go, take a list, get it done ffs.
Current bikes...

2003 KTM 950 adventure in silvery blue...

2013 KTM 450 exc-f in orange /white

2007 Scorpa SY250 trials in blue.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

special one wrote:While we are on the subject of Xmas, why are women so shit at shopping, with the Internet etc, I can't understand why my mrs has been to the city (Brum) 3 times Xmas shopping, do it in one go, take a list, get it done ffs.
One word..................BROWSING :P
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like

Return to “THE PUB”