Warm up area

Have some feedback and input to share? Don't be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make this site better and more user friendly for our guests and members a like.
Mr Free Market

Warm up area

Post by Mr Free Market »

As this is the Suggestions Box here is my humbly submitted idea. Could we please have a practice area where those of us that aren’t so much ‘disadvantaged’ when it comes to the intraweb thing-a-me, as complete computer spastics, can work out how to upload photos, add links etc etc etc.

There are always lots of requests & questions from new members about how to do this stuff but a small section where we could learn from our own mistakes & curse the darkness would be helpful

Cheers
Over a long enough timeline, everyones survival rate drops to zero
LargeWayRound

Re: Warm up area

Post by LargeWayRound »

Hi Ya

Good suggestion .

There is already a place where you can test posting pictures, in the *we love Pics * Category .A thread stickied at the top called *Test your Photo downloads here*

And I dont see a problem testing links etc in that thread also.

Here is a quick link to the category . see the top thread !

http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... -pics.html

If you need any help , just shout ..

regards

LWR
V-Rider

Post by V-Rider »

Mr Free Market wrote: intraweb thing-a-me, as complete computer spastics can work out how to upload photos
Thats gonna stick with me. Halarious! Computer spastics! I'm one of them sometimes! :blink:
"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end."
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

There is also a step by step guide to help you out. ;)

Guide to posting pictures on ABR forum.
Mr Free Market

Post by Mr Free Market »

I’ve worked out how to do photos – a complete miracle in itself (its amazing what they can do these days don’t you know), its links that are causing me angst at the moment

If I want to put a link my text to another site, I know that I can just cut & paste the code in the box at the top of the page, however if I want to, for example, turn the word ‘Yamaha XT’ blue & hence into a link to the Yamaha website, how the hell do I do that????? :unsure:

Yours, aye

Still cursing in the darkness
Over a long enough timeline, everyones survival rate drops to zero
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

Mr Free Market wrote:
If I want to put a link my text to another site, I know that I can just cut & paste the code in the box at the top of the page, however if I want to, for example, turn the word ‘Yamaha XT’ blue & hence into a link to the Yamaha website, how the hell do I do that????? :unsure:

Yours, aye

Still cursing in the darkness
When you are in the reply post mode , look above the row of smilies and find the icon that looks like the earth / link . Putting mouse over it , it says *LINK*
Click this .

Now you will notice that directly above the smilies a URL box has opened up , first part is where you paste or type your link address i.e http//whatever.com , you will notice that after it says *text* and blank box , write your text i.e Yamaha XT there . Then hit INSERT

This will insert your link into Yamaha XT text .

Example
Yamaha Motorbikes

Of course if you just want to paste a standard link . then you can just paste it directly into the post.

hope this helps .

LWR
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

You type the word you want to be the link, left click on it to highlight it, then press the link tab at the top and insert you http address. it will then turn you word into the link. ;)
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

CRAIGREVO wrote:You type the word you want to be the link, left click on it to highlight it, then press the link tab at the top and insert you http address. it will then turn you word into the link. ;)
Yip Craig , that does the trick also , funny theres always more than one way to do it with this forum software .

B)
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

You beat me to it. :laugh:
herman

Post by herman »

Mr Free Market wrote:As this is the Suggestions Box here is my humbly submitted idea. Could we please have a practice area where those of us that aren’t so much ‘disadvantaged’ when it comes to the intraweb thing-a-me, as complete computer spastics can work out how to upload photos, add links etc etc etc.

There are always lots of requests & questions from new members about how to do this stuff but a small section where we could learn from our own mistakes & curse the darkness would be helpful

Cheers
Just go for it and make your mistakes then ask these guys to sort it out for you,works for me. :)
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.

Return to “SUGGESTION BOX”