The French have started and we're in next...

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
mark1150

The French have started and we're in next...

Post by mark1150 »

Well according to the news the French have already started to give Gaddafi the hammer and we aren't far behind.
Lets hope it's short sharp and swift with no losses to our brave men.
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
CRAIGREVO

Re: The French have started and we're in next...

Post by CRAIGREVO »

Let the French deal with it I say! But if we do get involved it should be like the old days if we win we keep the country. ;)
ipswichbiker

Post by ipswichbiker »

A cynical part of me thinks we are only in this so British companies can renegotiate oil exploration rights with a newly appointed opposition government. If that ever comes about. My thoughts are with the Libyan people who are suffering. Im hoping for a swift resolution.
I went to the Caribbean on holiday with my wife last year.

Jamaica?

No, she wanted to.

Paul

Post by Paul »

I don't want to upset anybody and I know Gaddaffi is a nutter,
but!
I was just thinking yesterday, as a country we are pretty much stuffed, unemployment on the rise, price of fuel etc, etc waffle, waffle.
I know, I know, we have it good compared to alot of people, bearing in mind I have just got back from India and lived amongst terrible poverty, all be it for only ten days.

My heart goes out to all of the people in the world who are starving, oppressed, victims of all kinds of horrendous disasters and all of the other horrible things going on, hand on heart I do find it really upsetting
but,
we are a tiny country floating off masinland Europe, not the former BRITISH EMPIRE of Victorian fame. Why don't we just keep our noses out for once?

Just a thought, no offence intended.
Willy_Eckerslike

Post by Willy_Eckerslike »

The French have a score to settle so I'm not surprised they are so keen to get stuck in. The whole things a load of bollocks as far as I'm concerned, in one report it's unarmed civilians we are supposed to be protecting, the next it's plucky rebels fighting a battle against government forces. Looks like one of any number of African civil wars that we've chosen to steer clear of for the past 40 years. No difference here surely.
A ship is safe in harbour, but that’s not what ships are for. – Grace Hopper
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

At the end of the day its a copycat uprising of Egypt. The only difference is Gaddaffi wont go out without a fight.
ipswichbiker

Post by ipswichbiker »

Small but the 6th biggest econmony. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... nominal%29 Im wondering if morality and foreign policy go together. Its a dangerous business doing something because such and such a thing is evil or such and such a thing is good. A tricky business all round.

Jamaica?

No, she wanted to.

mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

I have to say that I am in agreement with the UN resolution, the people are suffering at the hands of that mad man who quite frankly should have been slotted years ago.
He has openly stated that it will be a blood bath, and hasn't spared the rod thus far, and the open use of mercenaries is without a doubt the work of a tyrant.
I do however agree with James as to the real reasons that we are engaging, is it oil, or is it perhaps to see how our new toys will respond in combat?
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Paul wrote:I don't want to upset anybody and I know Gaddaffi is a nutter,
but!
I was just thinking yesterday, as a country we are pretty much stuffed, unemployment on the rise, price of fuel etc, etc waffle, waffle.
I know, I know, we have it good compared to alot of people, bearing in mind I have just got back from India and lived amongst terrible poverty, all be it for only ten days.

My heart goes out to all of the people in the world who are starving, oppressed, victims of all kinds of horrendous disasters and all of the other horrible things going on, hand on heart I do find it really upsetting
but,
we are a tiny country floating off masinland Europe, not the former BRITISH EMPIRE of Victorian fame. Why don't we just keep our noses out for once?

Just a thought, no offence intended.
Quite right Paul, it seems in this world you can do anything you like to anyone unless you have oil and gas then you belong to the west. What about Mugabe ?
the conservative party did this in 82 and I ended going down sarf, froze my cockin nuts off and lost 6 mates in the process. I know people that have worked in Libya and all have said that Gadaffi pumps lots of money back in country for the benefit of the people. The guy that started the illegal war in Irag has been gobbing off in the press as well that's another book for him to make money off. You never see these bastards putting their sons on the front line, perhaps if we made it a rule that any so called leader start any aggressive action his first born should be the first one over the top followed very shortly by the leader himself. life is to short for this bollocks cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
ipswichbiker

Post by ipswichbiker »

I thought we sold all our toys? Im sure there was a harrier on ebay recently! :)

Jamaica?

No, she wanted to.

Return to “THE PUB”