First post

Bikers and riding
Alun

First post

Post by Alun »

Hello, I'm Alun and I'm setting up this site in my spare time - 'spare' meaning when I'm not out riding, doing my proper job (I've owned a magazine called Adventure Travel for 15 years) or dribbling over the thought of buying another bike on Ebay.

My job takes me overseas regularly and I've been hiking, climbing and catching incurable diseases in most parts of the world. And I love it. I also have two other major passions in my life; Motorcycles and (for my sins) Cardiff City Football Club both of which have been life long love affairs.

Right now I have two bikes;
Triumph Sprint Executive - for long distance road touring.
Triumph Tiger 885 - for general fun riding and keeping my Timbuktu plans alive and kicking (It's the 'Steamer' version and not to be confused with the 955 'Girlie' or 1050 'Roadie' - both good bike by the way)

In the perfect world I like to have two bikes on the go at any one time – no, make that three, or maybe four. A big cruisey road bike (Honda Pan European, BMW RT, perhaps) for, er, long cruisey road trips and then a dual purpose adventure bike, like the Triumph Tiger, for day to day stuff and to help with dreams of adventure each time I swing a leg over.

My bucket list reads like this;
Must, must, must, I just must, ride around the world one day.
A blast across Sahara to Timbuktu
Top of Alaska to southern tip of Chile
Riding the Ice Roads of Canada
Spend more time discovering Europe and the Alps by motorcycle

There's loads more....but I'm off out to ride now.

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”