Helping a Complete Stranger -When did you last do so? Have You Ever?

Found a great video then post it up here. It doesn't have to be about bikes.
corbine

Helping a Complete Stranger -When did you last do so? Have You Ever?

Post by corbine »

corbine

Re: Helping a Complete Stranger -When did you last do so? Have You Ever?

Post by corbine »

Jelly

Post by Jelly »

Nice vids there Corbs. :)

I naturally enjoy helping others, I know this is gonna sound cheesy, but that's why I joined the old bill in 2003.

It's just a shame that 99% of my time was dealing with scumbags and idiots, which is why I resigned in 2007. :(
"The distant echo of faraway voices boarding far away trains,

To take them home to the ones that they love and who love them forever......."
bull

Post by bull »

well, i am not the helpful type, so i am not

but, i will always stop to help biker in trouble, if he is broke down or something like that,

or a woman that car broke down or has a flat tire, i always stop to help a women,

but, thats it,
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

Nice vid. Maybe the world isn't full of rude people.

Manners are full yet seldom used.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
Wibble

Post by Wibble »

Humans can be wonderful.....however thirty yrs as a copper has made me wary.

Watch out when you go to help the old dear cross the road and someone nicks your car!

Agree with Jelly. It all starts out well but then the world you work in leaves a lot to be desired.

Nice to show what the human spirit can do at times, Chilean Miners for example.......
KTM Deano

Post by KTM Deano »

I used to volunteer to help the homeless. Gave up many a Sunday to stand under the flyover in Coventry helping to give out food parcels to the regular faces. The problem was, as I was giving many free food it left them with more of their benefit money for alcohol and drugs.

After two years I realised was pissing in the wind. Rather than helping I felt that I was aiding and abetting their addiction. Only a very small percentage were genuinely in need. There was no improvement in their circumstances with many being happy as long as they had their drugs or alcohol.

Oh yes, and regarding manners. I could count on one hand the amount of times anyone said thank you to me for taking them a hot drink or a sandwich.
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Well it makes a change from all those nutty Russian crash videos :)

Shame we're all so cynical tho' but it's sad fact . . .

I spent twenty years as a nurse only to be told by my 'managers' that I should 'justify' what i was doing for my pay, as if it came from their own pockets.

The best one was when was held up in a bedsit at knifepoint - actually a genuine assegai - and after I eventually talked my way out the managers wouldn't accept that thee had been an 'incident' because I wasn't injured, i.e. dead!

You can't say i'm sorry I'm out of there in the end - but of course all the dead wood are picking up their pensions . . .

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
andymac

Post by andymac »

always helping people,,but that's just me :whistle:
work hard,,,,,,,,,,,play harder !!
nathanlee

Post by nathanlee »

I sit and have a chat to homeless people reasonably often. Occasionally will give them some dosh. I remember I might be there one day, and after having a chat, most of these folk are sound and just ballsed up.

Couple of months ago I was on a train in Essex and this young girl got fined for having no ticket. She was only about 18, was on her way to the job centre, and was clearly massively broke. Trying to do the world a favour, I asked the conductor how much the ticket was. It was about 7 quid. "I'll pay it" I said. He was a bit confused, so I told him again, then we went in to bureaucracy land and got told it was too late to buy a ticket as the £20 fine had already been issued. Bollocks - I can't back out of this good deed now, can I, so I got lifted for £20. Brief chat with the girl after turned out that she was a single mum. £20 well spent.

If there's any truth to the concept of Karma, I'm well overdue a blow job.

Return to “VIDEOS”