One Happy Bunny..

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
DogManStar

One Happy Bunny..

Post by DogManStar »

Have managed to pass my MOD 2 today first time around so to say the least I'm one happy bunny, now the had part choosing a bike.. Also wanted to know of it's beneficial to do one of these enhanced rider scheme or is it a money making exercise for the DSA ?
I have not failed, I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work - Thomas Alva Edison (1847 - 1931)
Mike101

Re: One Happy Bunny..

Post by Mike101 »

Well done you.

Now say goodbye to every penny you ever will own.

but again well done you.

M
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
Paul-S

Post by Paul-S »

Well done matey

Any training, no matter how long you have been riding or how experienced or good you are is always a good refresher and can add new ideas, refresh overlooked bits etc
Wilso122

Post by Wilso122 »

Nice! my mate failed his mod one tother day, much piss taking has ensued!
Also wanted to know of it's beneficial to do one of these enhanced rider scheme or is it a money making exercise for the DSA ?
Do it! and most are not run by DSA anyway. Bike Safe, IAM, Rospa etc.

My only advise would be to put a couple of thousand miles on your chosen bike first so you know how it handles, get settled and a bit more fluid, then go for it. IMHO you will get a lot more from it.
950SuperEnduro.com the site for SuperEnduro owners.
sledgegreen

Post by sledgegreen »

Congratulations.

I did Bike Safe with West Mids Police in Birmingham last weekend, and thought it was thoroughly worthwhile.

There were 13 riders on the course (2 no-shows), and we were split into 3 groups. Each group did 3 sessions through the day - an observed ride with a Police rider, a slow riding session in the car park and a class room session.

All 3 were good, but I got most from the slow riding session - it revealed some deficiencies in my riding. i have developed some bad habits in 30 odd years od riding.

It cost £10, which I think was good value.
bull

Post by bull »

well done
ZX Raziel

Post by ZX Raziel »

well done B)
Shunt

One Happy Bunny..

Post by Shunt »

Congrats. Let the fun begin.

If I was I'd get a bike sorted. But look to do a bike safe course once your comfortable on the bike you buy. Even do the course early next year.

What's your shortlist of bikes so far?
Big Stu

Post by Big Stu »

Shot, well done
Diesel Pete

Post by Diesel Pete »

Well done that man B)

You will get loads from advanced training. It will make you smoother, more relaxed, safer and you will probably end up with faster journey times than the chuck it all over the place brigade.

Return to “THE PUB”