Teapot One is asking for help during RTW at Vladivostock

Info on biker meeting places such as Box Hill,Poole Quay, etc. Please start each post with the county followed by the place in the subject box i.e. Warwickshire - The Waterman. It'll make things a lot easier to follow.
corbine

Teapot One is asking for help during RTW at Vladivostock

Post by corbine »

Hello people - Teapot One -Bruce- is currently trying to go Round The World on his Gixxer thou.
hes made it as far as Vladivostock and has been stifled by a hike in the shipping charge.
Hes asking anyone out there if they know of other shipping companies in Vladisvostock he can try or other ideas? he was due to ship out to South Korea next Wednesday.
As some of you are well connected , some of you have actually done rtw and passed through vladivostock -i thought i would post it as a single thread and test the response.
thanks for any -"Useful suggestions"- its a serious request, so no comedians? please :-)
Mr Toad

Re: Teapot One is asking for help during RTW at Vladivostock

Post by Mr Toad »

Only half a thought, Oisin Hughes caught a ferry/ship from Magadan to South Korea before boxing/air frieghting his bike and flying into Canada. I've no idea what the cost was. When you say shipping do you mean sending the bike on alone by air/frieght/boat etc. Might be cheaper to just go with it by boat assuming you have the time.

I don't think Oisin was on the boat for that many days.

Hope this help and sorry if I'm missing the point or off the mark.
Never enough time and so much to see and experience.

Previously a VStrom 650, and a KTM SMR 950, currently XT600E with many mods. And now a F800GS Trophy since the KTM has gone.
corbine

Post by corbine »

Toady of toad hall- tis a fair point you make squire - youve obviously been entertained as have i, by the mad irishmans adventures. i shall instruct the shrew to post a message to young teapot and await a response. from the other side of the river.....
Mr Toad

Post by Mr Toad »

corbine wrote:Toady of toad hall- tis a fair point you make squire - youve obviously been entertained as have i, by the mad irishmans adventures. i shall instruct the shrew to post a message to young teapot and await a response. from the other side of the river.....
I met Mr Teapot before his first adventure and spent a slightly drunken evening in his company, it's great he's back on the road for round two.

I count my self fortunate to have been entertained by all thirty or so videos from the Irishman before they disappeared. I trust and hope all is well with him and if fortune smiles on me again I will sometime shake his hand and buy him a pint.
Never enough time and so much to see and experience.

Previously a VStrom 650, and a KTM SMR 950, currently XT600E with many mods. And now a F800GS Trophy since the KTM has gone.
corbine

Post by corbine »

Thank you Mr Toad- pleasantly enlightened. Hope an enjoyable time was had by all? badger seemed to think it was 5043 kilometres and at least 63 hours for the Teapot to travel from Vladivostock to magadan? Badger also mumbled he could manage the m60-m58 and finally the m56 heading nort- north east and then south easterly direction to arrive in Magadan- weve pidgeoned off another message for him.
patta

Post by patta »

corbine wrote:Hello people - Teapot One -Bruce- is currently trying to go Round The World on his Gixxer thou.
hes made it as far as Vladivostock and has been stifled by a hike in the shipping charge.
Hes asking anyone out there if they know of other shipping companies in Vladisvostock he can try or other ideas? he was due to ship out to South Korea next Wednesday.
As some of you are well connected , some of you have actually done rtw and passed through vladivostock -i thought i would post it as a single thread and test the response.
thanks for any -"Useful suggestions"- its a serious request, so no comedians? please :-)
Hi we were in vlad last year for a week while we shipped to Korea we used
0079025243447 Yuri melkinove he speaks good English and may be able to help you, if you need any more info pm me
Good luck and safe travels
corbine

Post by corbine »

Hi Patta-thank you - ive added it to his facebook page with details- not sure what time it is over there so he may be getting it shortly-he hasnt posted for a few hours :-) wouldnt know how to post all that into AA Milne speak-maybe someone can? ;-)

Return to “BIKER HANG-OUTS”