Dropped it - oops!

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Elle

Dropped it - oops!

Post by Elle »

Whilst on a ride yesterday I dropped my F650 :-(
Turning right at a junction with queuing traffic making it difficult to see. As I half pulled out 2 bikers emerged around the corner. Braked & the bike leaned right, too late for me to get a foot down quick enough to save it. Couldn't hold the weight so slowly let it go. Twisted bars - put right in a layby & no damage done.
Mates took the P the rest of the day...
Been 5 yrs since I've fallen off a road bike & that was at a junction too!
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way
africajim

Re: Dropped it - oops!

Post by africajim »

Ha ha! Happens to us all! I shifted weight on my old Africa Twin to the wrong side on a gradient and over it went! I didn't manage to get out of the way and my leg got trapped under the bike! So, I'm pinned under a bike in my drive, nobody going about,,,, DOH!
Glad you and the bike are fine, learning experience I suppose! ;)
Honda, the power of dreams.
davem

Post by davem »

Yes, happens to us all. I had a similar incident at a junction. Once it goes there's nowt you can do to stop it :( Glad to hear it was very minor damage
bull

Post by bull »

yep, it happens to lads all the time, them adventure type bikes are hard to hold when lean over any bit at all, top heavy you see,

funny thing happened to a friend of mine a little time ago, we were pulling out of a garrage after filling with petrol, he stopped near the road with his new GS to see if any cars were coming and i was stopped behind him.

anyway the ground was uneven where he stopped, his bike was on a kind of a height you see and when put his foot down the bike fell over, he was trying to hold it up, but he was not able as it had leaned over too far

christ, i tried not to laugh, but i could not help it. it was very funny so it was :P
The Wilbur

Post by The Wilbur »

Those wee GSs do survive well :whistle:
SUCK : SQUEEZE : BANG : BLOW

www.f650.co.uk
Bonniebird

Post by Bonniebird »

It happened to me on Weds evening when a friend on here ( not naming and shaming) spanked into my panniers when I decided I was stopping at the red light.....but he was going through :laugh: :whistle:
Couldn't hold it up so just let it go and stepped off B)
No harm done and it happens to us all Elle, I've lost count of how many times my bikes have been dropped :laugh:
davsato

Post by davsato »

"whilst"

the word nobody ever uses except as the first word in the accident book at work :laugh:

dont worry about it, it doesnt matter how big or strong you are, when they go past the point of no return the only thing you can do is not be under it
Dave
Loggy

Post by Loggy »

Sorry to hear you dropped your bike Elle,

I nearly dropped mine the other week in the garage. I couldn't get past it as it's right up against the wall so thought I'd climb over it. Just filled my 23 liter tank to the brim too! As I got on the right peg, over she went. How I held the weight is anyone's guess, as the AT fully loaded with fuel is a heavy beast. I managed to keep it up, but my shoulder has only just stopped being sore after a month of pain. Must have ripped the muscle holding it up.
Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere

Toyota Hilux 3.0lt

Army - Bedford MJ Radar Repair Workshop
suzivstrom650

Post by suzivstrom650 »

davsato wrote:"whilst"

the word nobody ever uses except as the first word in the accident book at work :laugh:

:woohoo: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
DripFedFred

Post by DripFedFred »

Oh yes, we've all been there. Mine happened as I stopped at a junction, lost my footing and the bike started its slow decent. Luckily I managed "put it down" will little damage. Except my ego! Felt like a right pleb, my mate was in front and didn't even notice but I did tell him afterwards.

Return to “THE PUB”