TAKODA BACON BUTTY STOP

Info on biker meeting places such as Box Hill,Poole Quay, etc. Please start each post with the county followed by the place in the subject box i.e. Warwickshire - The Waterman. It'll make things a lot easier to follow.
Road2Manchester

TAKODA BACON BUTTY STOP

Post by Road2Manchester »

Many thanks to Paul and family for another great stop over at Takoda Camping last weekend. (Location of the Back 2 the boil ABR rally)
The NEW bacon butty building and coffee grinding facility, is worth diverting your day out for. Forget Devils Bridge and their soggy bottom barms, Turn Off at Takoda for a restful chat and stay a while.

We had a couple of days of fantastic weather and the site was a pleasure to camp at.

Even better was the pub in town where you can take your take-away.
Having ordered a curry from across the road, The White Lion landlord supplied plates, cutlery and a bin for the wrappings, even the sign welcoming pet dogs and ferrets was welcome as our two pooches sat waiting under the table.

Eating out as it should be. As our host said "We have the best menu in town".

Kirkby Stephen is a little off the M6, but a great place to visit and Paul will soon give you some great routes to follow.
Even better, he offers guides ride out.... bonus.
This time Mrs R2 and some friends were in cars.

In the words of one Terminator...... I'll be bac-on....

;)
cam to gif

If you ride like the wind, expect to get blown away. One lifetime is all we get use it wisely this ain;t no practise.
coyotedave

Re: TAKODA BACON BUTTY STOP

Post by coyotedave »

+1 to that. We called in on the Saturday for a cuppa. A warm welcome and a good chat with Paul.

I'll get up there this year for a camping trip.

Cheers Dave.
DripFedFred

Post by DripFedFred »

Sounds good, I'll give it a go as its not too far from me.
Martinl69

Post by Martinl69 »

I've been to the cafe at Slaidburn plenty of times, usually bikers there enjoying a brew and a bacon butty.

Maybe I'll try Takoda next time or both!
prooney377

Post by prooney377 »

I'll be up next weekend if you're open Sunday Paul?
Why? Why not?
tefflon

Post by tefflon »

Hi Paul & Marie

We called in yesterday and were greated by Paul & a fellow bike camping and waiting for a couple of his friends to turn up .

Paul did no more thank make us all a nice cuppa after a chatt and take in the fantastic views Me and my 2 friends Norm& Phil set off back to manchester

Hope to take my grand kids up for there 1st camp in the 6weeks hol just hope they like it

Thanks
Steve

Return to “BIKER HANG-OUTS”