Essex / Suffolk Hang Outs

Info on biker meeting places such as Box Hill,Poole Quay, etc. Please start each post with the county followed by the place in the subject box i.e. Warwickshire - The Waterman. It'll make things a lot easier to follow.
hornet

Re: Essex / Suffolk Hang Outs

Post by hornet »

the cafe at stradishall is just after the 40 limit sign heading towards haverhill from bury
so before the prison on the right

hornet

yeah kinda my point so many pillocks fly though finchingfield wish they would all sod off
its funny they go faster through the village than they do in the national limit.
Two wheels roaming. My FB page
Selous

Post by Selous »

hornet wrote:the cafe at stradishall is just after the 40 limit sign heading towards haverhill from bury
so before the prison on the right

hornet

yeah kinda my point so many pillocks fly though finchingfield wish they would all sod off
its funny they go faster through the village than they do in the national limit.
Yes I know the place you mean, just have to watch the exit with that slop seen a few drop there bikes there in the past. unless they have sorted it

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com
nav18tor

Post by nav18tor »

OB1 wrote:I've got to suggest Orwell Motorcycles on Ranelagh Road in Ipswich because I'm down there every Saturday! I don't work there but it is a great place to hang out and meet up.

The are a multi-franchise dealer (Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Piaggio) with a huge car park out front and a showroom bigger than any other that I've ever seen! The sales guys there are happy enough to chew the fat as they are selling you a bike: I've been going there for 7 years and only ever bought 1 bike off them! :whistle:

There is a burger van out front virtually every Saturday that is run by Angie and Ady.

During the summer at least 1,000 bikers will pass through their gates every weekend, even if it is just to meet up before going out for a ride.
I visited Orwell MC today (Saturday 29th January)and considering the temperature, there were 20 odd riders there but most customer seemed to be in their cars

Would have sampled the coffee and a bacon butty at the burger bar,but had left home with no cash so perhaps next time...

Had a good ride around north Essex and south Suffolk lanes
He who dies with the most toys, wins....

Selous

Post by Selous »

nav18tor wrote:
OB1 wrote:I've got to suggest Orwell Motorcycles on Ranelagh Road in Ipswich because I'm down there every Saturday! I don't work there but it is a great place to hang out and meet up.

The are a multi-franchise dealer (Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Piaggio) with a huge car park out front and a showroom bigger than any other that I've ever seen! The sales guys there are happy enough to chew the fat as they are selling you a bike: I've been going there for 7 years and only ever bought 1 bike off them! :whistle:

There is a burger van out front virtually every Saturday that is run by Angie and Ady.

During the summer at least 1,000 bikers will pass through their gates every weekend, even if it is just to meet up before going out for a ride.
I visited Orwell MC today (Saturday 29th January)and considering the temperature, there were 20 odd riders there but most customer seemed to be in their cars

Would have sampled the coffee and a bacon butty at the burger bar,but had left home with no cash so perhaps next time...
Did you meet up with OB1? he visits Orwell's Every Sat, I only go there now and again, or to meet up with ppl I was working last week end so would not of seen you any way.

have a look see here for routes around http://www.bestbikingroads.com/
Or give me a shout you fancy a bimble I am in North Essex / Suffolk Boarder

where abouts are you

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

nav18tor

Post by nav18tor »

Selous wrote:
nav18tor wrote:

Did you meet up with OB1? he visits Orwell's Every Sat, I only go there now and again, or to meet up with ppl I was working last week end so would not of seen you any way.

where abouts are you
I did not meet up with anybody, was just calling in on a whim. Talked to several people, but did not get their names

I live near Weeley in Essex, but don't tend to plan rides, just go......
He who dies with the most toys, wins....

Selous

Post by Selous »

nav18tor wrote:
Selous wrote:
nav18tor wrote:

where abouts are you
I did not meet up with anybody, was just calling in on a whim. Talked to several people, but did not get their names

I live near Weeley in Essex, but don't tend to plan rides, just go......
Ha yes i'm not far from Oakley

Moomin Maiden

Post by Moomin Maiden »

Don't ever see many at Red Lodge, but Walkers, off Mildenhall roundabout, (on the Eriswell, Brandon and Swaffham Road) I always see a fair few.

Please don't try and use the Fox Inn at Finchingfield, the owner when around frog marches bikers out, why give money to people that are anti-bikes?

The Three Tuns, over the bridge, up the hill towards the Braintree road is biker friendly, and has a classic bike show on the 22nd May. Always get a friendly welcome there.
OB1

Post by OB1 »

Moomin Maiden wrote:Please don't try and use the Fox Inn at Finchingfield, the owner when around frog marches bikers out, why give money to people that are anti-bikes?
Anyone fancy a group ride out to the Fox Inn: I'm sure that we can all pitch in for a half of Coke and a dozen straws! :evil:
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

OB1 wrote:
Moomin Maiden wrote:Please don't try and use the Fox Inn at Finchingfield, the owner when around frog marches bikers out, why give money to people that are anti-bikes?
Anyone fancy a group ride out to the Fox Inn: I'm sure that we can all pitch in for a half of Coke and a dozen straws! :evil:
I'm in! :evil: :evil:
Bonniebird

Post by Bonniebird »

OB1 wrote: [quote=Moomin Maiden post=33653]Please don't try and use the Fox Inn at Finchingfield, the owner when around frog marches bikers out, why give money to people that are anti-bikes? Anyone fancy a group ride out to the Fox Inn: I'm sure that we can all pitch in for a half of Coke and a dozen straws! :evil:
Me too :evil:

Return to “BIKER HANG-OUTS”