ABR Island Rally

beddowsm

Re: ABR Island Rally

Post by beddowsm »

Orlando_Orange wrote:mike put me down as a maybe for this.. will be able to confirm once i firm up my BBRC (or whatever it's called now) and ABR calendar
You should be OK Orlando, doesnt clash with any other BBRC or ABR event
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Me please B)
Tom94

Post by Tom94 »

Count me in !
Stubbsie

Post by Stubbsie »

As per my reply on the XRV site Mike
Cheers
IJnoGSer

ABR Island Rally

Post by IJnoGSer »

I can't see ill be doing anything more interesting that weekend, I'm in.

Sent from my iPhone whilst driving and even with autocorrect I can't spell!
chrisuk

Post by chrisuk »

Gavinskii wrote:
Gavinskii wrote:Mike, I've read about this before - yes please B)
Bollox, this clashes with Horizons Unlimited meet (that I've already paid for) - so another time unless the date shifts :unsure:
Ditto :(
P-M-G

Post by P-M-G »

Mike,

Grateful if you could add me to the list thanks.

Steve (P-M-G)

PS - if this is anything like UK KTM Forum, the bar's open and the beers are on me! Looking fwd to it.
Lord Sut

Post by Lord Sut »

Yes, I like the look of this one. Put me down please.
AustinW

Post by AustinW »

Having organised and done this in 2010 & 2011 I can assure you this is an absolutely fantastic event. The run across the sands is awesome and something you have to experience to fully appreciate. The Walney Island end is very slippy for about 100metres but if you stay in the tracks you will be ok. The sands dry out more and more until it comes back in again so if you want to minimise salt & sand on your bike cross as late as you can and go slowly. It all washes of easy once back home but you will need to do it 2 or 3 times and there will be a pile of sand on your drive. Don't leave the rinsing until too late though.

Once on the island you will soon be marooned, surrounded on all sides by the sea. Another experience not to be missed. The camping field is nice and grassy about 50 yard stagger from the Pub and the Castle, with good views over Morecambe bay to the Bowland fells. You will probably have it to yourselves but facilities are pretty limited - loo and a cold shower for wet suits. The pub is one of those quirky places you could only find on an island and the landlord and landlady are real characters and will encourage you to have a good time. Anyone in the pub is up for a big party with many ignoring the last "ferry" back to the mainland and sleeping where they drop. They do evening meals and breakfasts. Warning about the B&B, it was reported as being noisy with the rooms directly above the pub.

Enjoy, I hope to be riding across USA while you are doing this, should be in Texas or Arizona about this time. :)
Sykesy

Post by Sykesy »

This looks and sounds ace! Put me down please!!!

a friend is someone who bails you out of jail, But a BEST friend is the person sitting beside you saying...'that was fu**ing awesome'!!!!!!!

Return to “June 2013 - ABR 'Island' Rally at Piel Island 1st - 2nd June”