ABR Travel Scrabble - Questions / chat

Fun Lovin Criminal

Re: ABR Travel Scrabble - Questions / chat

Post by Fun Lovin Criminal »

JimboF650 wrote:
almar wrote:Do all the photos have to be in the UK ? Can use pics taken on our hols.
As long as your bike (hired bike will also be allowed) is in the picture, your letters/photos can be from anywhere (UK or rest of the world). And that the photo is taken this year 2013.
:)
Can you use more than one bike? E.g. Africa Twin for winter, Thunderbird Storm for summer :) ?
Bluepaul

Post by Bluepaul »

Is there a time limit on how far apart the photo's for each letter are.

What I mean is, if I have "wheel" can I use pictures 6 months apart or should they be within a couple of days of each other (which would suggest I had been out on a specific route to get them)

[strike]also, could I Photo "Stratford" in Jan and July and use both ?[/strike] oops ! forget that one I should read the rules first !!! :blush:

Great idea by the way :)
V_King

Post by V_King »

Jimbo, I wonder how far can we go with motorcycle related words.

Could the following be used:
famous motorcycle racers/adventurers names,
motorcycle race circuit names
motorcycle parts/accessories manufacturers/product names
etc.

?

Cheers
""
iffy

Post by iffy »

are street names allowed?
JimboF650

Post by JimboF650 »

Fun Lovin Criminal wrote:
JimboF650 wrote:
almar wrote:Do all the photos have to be in the UK ? Can use pics taken on our hols.
As long as your bike (hired bike will also be allowed) is in the picture, your letters/photos can be from anywhere (UK or rest of the world). And that the photo is taken this year 2013.
:)
Can you use more than one bike? E.g. Africa Twin for winter, Thunderbird Storm for summer :) ?
Yes
JimboF650

Post by JimboF650 »

iffy wrote:are street names allowed?
No
JimboF650

Post by JimboF650 »

V_King wrote:Jimbo, I wonder how far can we go with motorcycle related words.

Could the following be used:
famous motorcycle racers/adventurers names,
motorcycle race circuit names
motorcycle parts/accessories manufacturers/product names
etc.

?

Cheers
Try them and see - if a word is too obscure/disallowed, the letters are not wasted - can be used to make other future words.
JimboF650

Post by JimboF650 »

Bluepaul wrote:Is there a time limit on how far apart the photo's for each letter are.

What I mean is, if I have "wheel" can I use pictures 6 months apart or should they be within a couple of days of each other (which would suggest I had been out on a specific route to get them)

[strike]also, could I Photo "Stratford" in Jan and July and use both ?[/strike] oops ! forget that one I should read the rules first !!! :blush:

Great idea by the way :)
No time limit - that's all part of the tactics of playing. As long as the photos are taken in this calendar year that's ok with me. You can go out with the intention of getting photos for one word at a time, or if you wanted collect loads of letters/locations, save them up and then see what words you can make. Every location must be different - If you have used 'Stratford' and you needed another 'S' you'd have to photograph for example 'Shrewsbury'.

Hope this makes sense
Jimbo
wilky

Post by wilky »

where are the rules , sorry just want to have a read and couldn't see them.

also many little towns dont have the " Drive carefully sign but just the name can we use just the name sign

wilky
Live,Love and be Happy

BMW F650 Funduro

Suzuki DR 350
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

JimboF650 wrote:If it's classed as motorcycle (bicycle) for tax purposes then I'll let you have it.
Sadly Quads are taxed the same as cars not bikes!

But you could go for "Quasar" (15 points) if you wanted to use Q :P
Quasar_2013-01-01.jpg
Quasar_2013-01-01.jpg (58.13 KiB) Viewed 1757 times
I've just realised that on my usual commute to work I can spell the name of a bike manufacturer for 9 points without even deviating off route :laugh:

In fact I could spell another bike manufacturers name by taking the back roads route home for another 10 points :laugh:

I think this could be fun.

Just a bit of a shame that I've only spotted this now it's dark, on my journey today I could have collected 31 points without even trying ;)

And Wilky, I'm sure it's just the name sign that's needed, it doesn't have to have the "please drive carefully bit"
Tony AKA MAD COW

KTM 1090 Adventure R

KTM 450 EXC Rally

MY BLOG

Return to “ABR Challenge 2013”