French Win.....

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Shotgun

Re: French Win.....

Post by Shotgun »

LargeWayRound wrote:
Shotgun wrote:What is a "good thing" sprock? It's not clear at all. :silly:
Nice bit of "Banter" Thanks for that .. ! !
Nice bit of banter -thanks for that! :silly: Answers the question. :)
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

“Fluorescent for daytime visibility, reflective for night” and I thought it was reflective that they wanted to make compulsory which is already in most motorcycle clothing.

"The sun's ultraviolet rays react with the fluorescent colours to make them appear to ‘glow’ increasing daytime visibility. The effect is stronger in poor light conditions such as in fog or towards dusk.

At night, light from sources such as car headlights bounces off the reflective areas to make the tape glow, increasing night time visibility."

Most hi viz have both (my work jacket does) but if you are going to make REFLECTIVE compulsory that`s different from Hi Viz!
Fried Egg Sandwich

Post by Fried Egg Sandwich »

Looks like this debate's going to rumble on :dry:

I have heard anecdotal "evidence" both supporting High Viz or reflective, and showing where it's not made the slightest bit of difference.

The argument as I see it is that it's eroding our civil liberties yet again. We should be at liberty to wear high Viz and reflective if we want to, or not. In some situations I wear the damned stuff (i.e. In Fog). Mostly I don't. It shouldn't be dictated to us by a bureaucracy with ambiguous evidence.

With Liberty of course comes responsibility, and all road users should take responsibility for their actions.

If a driver, pedestrian or whoever does not "see" when they look, then they won't see you whatever you are wearing.

The Education of all road users (including pedestrians and motorcyclists) is they key.

Anyone remember the adverts think once, think twice, think Bike?

Let's keep it in the public consciousness that Motorcycles are a legitimate mode of transport (too often demonised via the popular press) and that, as it is with Car drivers (which a lot of us are as well), pedestrians, cyclists and horse riders - we all owe a duty of care to each other on the road.

....Ok I'll step down off my soap box now :whistle:
Suzuki DRZ400S
BMW R1150GS
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke Irish orator, philosopher, & politician (1729 - 1797)
Sprockette

Post by Sprockette »

LargeWayRound wrote:
Did I blink and miss something then?
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

Sprockette wrote:
LargeWayRound wrote:
Did I blink and miss something then?
I have answered your pm
palace15

Post by palace15 »

LWR, Where are the posts from Shotgun that are in your quotes? Has he been banned? I have watched his and a few other posts from people, who are not rude but often ask a direct question, then it seems that they 'disappear'. I have never known any other forum that have persons wielding the big sticks quite like this one, I am pretty sure this behaviour is not doing any favours for subscriptions, thats for sure.
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

palace15 wrote: LWR, Where are the posts from Shotgun that are in your quotes? Has he been banned? I have watched his and a few other posts from people, who are not rude but often ask a direct question, then it seems that they 'disappear'. I have never known any other forum that have persons wielding the big sticks quite like this one, I am pretty sure this behaviour is not doing any favours for subscriptions, thats for sure.
I was thinking the same thing this morning when i was reading this thread :S
palace15

Post by palace15 »

husabang wrote:
palace15 wrote:LWR, Where are the posts from Shotgun that are in your quotes? Has he been banned? I have watched his and a few other posts from people, who are not rude but often ask a direct question, then it seems that they 'disappear'. I have never known any other forum that have persons wielding the big sticks quite like this one, I am pretty sure this behaviour is not doing any favours for subscriptions, thats for sure.
I was thinking the same thing this morning when i was reading this thread :S
Do not or be careful asking any questions or you get banned....I know this from experience, I have 2 subs, 1 mine and 1 a gift and after sites like HU and ADV find it very difficult to recommend anyone to this site.
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

palace15 wrote:LWR, Where are the posts from Shotgun that are in your quotes? Has he been banned? I have watched his and a few other posts from people, who are not rude but often ask a direct question, then it seems that they 'disappear'. I have never known any other forum that have persons wielding the big sticks quite like this one, I am pretty sure this behaviour is not doing any favours for subscriptions, thats for sure.
Yip Shogun was banned by myself yesterday for trolling , the decider was a post in another thread .
After I banned him , James deleted all his posts and removed him from the database.

That is why some of the "Quotes" from shotgun appear . I just have not had enough time to go through all the threads and deleted these quotes.

As for the decision to ban him , I took this step after repeated trolling posts , and being warned to chill out , but he continued to troll and cause disruption and was then banned.

If you have an issue with this or any moderators decision , please contact Alun privately as I have no comment .

LWR
corbine

Post by corbine »

Hi lwr. Don't want to influence anything here, or stick my nose in where not required. Just a thought....
I belong to other forums where it gets really nasty. Trolls playground for some.
Some operate a one day ban, yellow card, then one week ban, red card. Repeated issues obviously permanent slam dunk and removal so to speak.
Gives people opportunity to play nice and to rethink some inflammatory posts?
Great web site.
Just a thought.
Corbs. :-)

Return to “THE PUB”