GS-911 ??

The essential art of farkling.
ty8ight

GS-911 ??

Post by ty8ight »

Hey all...

I'm thinking about getting a GS-911 Diagnostic Tool as it seems like it should be a useful piece of kit, and in the long run should save me money on servicing/repairs.

Just really wondering if anyone on here has one, and what your thoughts/experiences are with it??
They're not a cheap piece of kit so i don't really want to go splashing out on one if they're not worth it.

Cheers.
Steve.
BMW 1200GSA

Yamaha Tenere 1VJ
Britmech

Re: GS-911 ??

Post by Britmech »

They are an excellent bit of kit , I use one at work and have my own.
ty8ight

Post by ty8ight »

Thanks Britmech...out of interest, do you have the bluetooth version or just usb?? Was thinking about getting the bluetooth version but i'm not that sure if it will connect to my Android phone...
BMW 1200GSA

Yamaha Tenere 1VJ
Britmech

Post by Britmech »

Missed you post.
Mine is bluetooth.
Did you get one ?
snaphappy

Post by snaphappy »

Are they similar to the cheaper Garmin module

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=38354
For more info click on the Dambuster Signature banner

ty8ight

Post by ty8ight »

Hey Britmech,
yeah, i got a bluetooth one. Very impressed with it so far. Simple to use and give you loads of info. Really pleased i got it, thanks for the recommendation.

Snaphappy - can't really comment to much on the Garmin as that's the first time i've seen it. I'd check a lot deeper before buying one though. For a start, it seems to be aimed at cars rather than bikes....the OBDII diagnostic socket on a car is totally different from the socket on the BMW so you'd need some form of an adapter to connect it (if they are available) Also it's a generic code reader so it's not going to do anything like as much as the GS911 or give you as much information on what your fault is.
If you are really in the market for a diagnostic device (for a BMW), i'd totally recommend the GS911.
Well worth the money i'd say......oh, it won't bluetooth to an iPhone though, if you've got one.

Cheers Steve.
BMW 1200GSA

Yamaha Tenere 1VJ
Paul_C

Post by Paul_C »

I bought the Bluetooth one to complete the 24K service on my GSA. Really pleased, easy to use, software works etc. This is my 4th beemer, heaven knows why I waited this long to get one? Maybe because the first two I could manage without it.
So... in short a thumbs up!
Just along for the ride.
Husqvarna 901 Norden. Husqvarna 701 Enduro. Moto Guzzi LeMans II.

Return to “ACCESSORIES”