UK to India

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
twowheeljourney

UK to India

Post by twowheeljourney »

Hello all. I haven't had time to trawl through all the threads, so if this information request is already out there, please point me in the right direction.
I have decided to rent my house out for summer 2013 and ride to India on a xt660z. Well, that's the idea anyway!! Is there anybody out there who has done this recently and can offer some advise...? The biggies are visa and carnet requirements, including countries en route, and how to ship the bike back from India (and costs). Also, route suggestions and how long to allow for the journey.
Would really appreciate any response.
Thanks
smithy641

Re: UK to India

Post by smithy641 »

Can't help you mate BUT "respect and envy" from me. Enjoy no matter what. You lucky bar steward.
Schoe000

Post by Schoe000 »

Hi try HU as well if you don't get the information here. http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/
twowheeljourney

Thanks. Looked there already. Truth is, I'm not too good at finding the right threads in forums, and the ones I found on HU were quite outdated...
Will keep looking though.
davsato

Post by davsato »

twowheeljourney wrote:......I'm not too good at finding the right threads in forums, and the ones I found on HU were quite outdated......
hi mate welcome to the forum! :)

maybe because nobodies done it recently, or dont really want to go near afghanistan iran iraq pakistan......... i dont know. you find forums go quiet for months sometimes
Dave
moto al

Post by moto al »

hi bud.bril & the best of luck on ur trip.please keep us posted.oh and welcome to the site.moto al.glasgow
moto al
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Contact "Curry Aid" Paul, I believe he is in the process of planning such a trip, so he may be able to help.

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
flipflopdog

Post by flipflopdog »

Hi there, I did this trip last sept but in a slightly different way as you plan to go. Basically the trip planning started 4 years ago with the same notion as yourself to ride all the way. We went through all the rigmarole of Carnet's and visa's only to get plans trashed by the Yank's when they shot matey boy...!!! Will post again chap after the Mendip HU meet this w/e with further info in detail perhaps. This was our website for the trip, you are defo on the right bike for this kind of adventure by the way.....

www.xllentadventures.co.uk
twowheeljourney

Ah..thanks very much! My plan is to go up and over...Ukraine, Russia, Kazakhstan, China, Tibet, Nepal, India. At the moment I'm checking out the feasibility. If your planning started 4 years ago, maybe I'm dreaming if I think I can do it next summer!!?? Thanks flipflopdog for the reply and I look forward to hearing from you next week.
I'm definitely in the right place if I'm already getting responses! Thanks everyone...
scouse

Post by scouse »

Welcome aboard and don't be shy posting here with anything you find for the benfit of others :D
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”