Yuletide Exmoor Explorer 7th to 9th December

Bigtim

Re: Yuletide Exmoor Explorer 7th to 9th December

Post by Bigtim »

Devon John, Tredown and myself took a lovely sunny sunday ride out to the campsite to check it out in preparation for next month and it's excellent, the ground is a bit damp but not as bad as you might think it should be following all the rain recently, it's flat and there's loads of shelter from coastal breezes common to the north coast, there's a big area for a camp fire with a huge supply of logs already for us. There's enough room so the heavy snorers (Markoh) can be placed sufficiently far enough away.

Tredown has kindly volunteered to bring a large communal shelter so if the weather is a bit damp then we will have somewhere where we can all gather. We are hoping to have some stoves on the go in the shelter so as everyone arrived they can get a nice warm brew.

The only rule from the site owner is no bikes on the grass but there are huge areas of hard standing next to where we are camping for everyone to park their bike safely. We didn't get to see the toilet/ shower block as it's all locked up for the winter but they will be opened for us when we arrive and if you look on the website you will see they are luxury compared to a lot of camp sites.

We are looking forward to meeting and greeting old friends and new.

Roll on December
RICK

Post by RICK »

Bigtim wrote:Devon John, Tredown and myself took a lovely sunny sunday ride out to the campsite to check it out in preparation for next month and it's excellent, the ground is a bit damp but not as bad as you might think it should be following all the rain recently, it's flat and there's loads of shelter from coastal breezes common to the north coast, there's a big area for a camp fire with a huge supply of logs already for us. There's enough room so the heavy snorers (Markoh) can be placed sufficiently far enough away.

Tredown has kindly volunteered to bring a large communal shelter so if the weather is a bit damp then we will have somewhere where we can all gather. We are hoping to have some stoves on the go in the shelter so as everyone arrived they can get a nice warm brew.

The only rule from the site owner is no bikes on the grass but there are huge areas of hard standing next to where we are camping for everyone to park their bike safely. We didn't get to see the toilet/ shower block as it's all locked up for the winter but they will be opened for us when we arrive and if you look on the website you will see they are luxury compared to a lot of camp sites.

We are looking forward to meeting and greeting old friends and new.

Roll on December
see you soon.
MarkN

Post by MarkN »

That all sounds fab', thanks for your efforts.

Looking forward to it.
Bigtim

Post by Bigtim »

MarkN wrote:That all sounds fab', thanks for your efforts.
Mark it wasn't too much of an effort really, the sun was shining and it was a good excuse to meet up and go for a ride followed by a nice brew in a cafe in Ilfracombe, was starting to get a bit chilly on the ride home as soon as the sun set.
MarkN

Post by MarkN »

I know what you mean. I went for a nice ride along the coast today, the sun was out and there wee loads of bikes at West Bay this afternoon. I might have a plan for a rally early next year too, the seed just needs a little looking after for now ;)
Joe Thumper

Post by Joe Thumper »

Sounds like fun! I'm going to try to join you all & make it through with some winter gear from Brighton.
Are knobblies recommended or will I survive with Tourances on?
Orsoncarts

Post by Orsoncarts »

Really looking forward to this one guys, lets hope for a good turnout eh? :woohoo:
Steve
I have absolutely no idea how to add a signature....!
MarkN

Post by MarkN »

Joe Thumper wrote:Sounds like fun! I'm going to try to join you all & make it through with some winter gear from Brighton.
Are knobblies recommended or will I survive with Tourances on?
Unless you're planning on joining the off road ride, you Tourances will be fine - if they're not then I'm in trouble too!!
Roadcaptain

Post by Roadcaptain »

gutted as working this weekend,may try and pop up for Saturday night
Ubique 895

Yuletide Exmoor Explorer 7th to 9th December

Post by Ubique 895 »

Was hoping to make this one but alas work gets in the way again.

I'll be in Sweden nordic skiing for the Regiment for 5 weeks. Tough life sometimes eh!
"Quo Fas et Gloria Ducunt"

Return to “ABR Yuletide Exmoor Explorer Rally 7th to 9th December”