French Abr Rally

Have some feedback and input to share? Don't be shy and drop us a note. We want to hear from you and strive to make this site better and more user friendly for our guests and members a like.
James691

Re: French Abr Rally

Post by James691 »

Looks fantastic :)

A couple of things -

The numbers - it would need to be open to many ABR members - min 100.

If you are looking to hold a limited number (min 100) then advanced payment booking will need to sorted out.

1 No commercial links, sponsors or stands what so ever.

2 No paid for talks, bands or any other distractions. Camp fires, beer and ice cream vans (selling beer) are fine.

3 You agree to organise road and green lane ride outs to show rally goers the best of your patch. The ride outs would need to be open to novice level also.

4 Provide a single page welcome sheet for all Rally goers with details of the local facilities (garage/shop/pub etc) and the ride outs (starting time/who's leading/mileage/difficulty etc)

5 All official ABR Rally events need to be authorised to save double booking clashes. [email protected]

6 For 2013 we will be printing up ABR Rally stickers, t-shirts, beanies and a few other ABR items so anyone who organises a rally will be expected to look after the sale and admin of the gear – it'll not cost organisers anything as we'll supply the stuff based on the expected numbers.

There might be a couple more basics to add to the above as we live and learn about what makes for a great ABR Rally but the whole ethos is going to be to keep it as informal and non commercial as possible. We'll make our own fun and entertainment, just like we've done in 2011 and 2012.

It would be held in 2013 - The dates I would have to look at what other ABR events are going on through the year.

Who to go to?

Gog007 is the Rally section MOD for sticky threads etc

James691 is the Events Manager (RagHand).

Both are contactable via the forum and James691 also by email.
Dancing in the moonlight
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Thanks James
I'll need all the help i can get if this comes off !!! Sorting stuff down is no prob at all but i'll no doubt be looking for advice in the future months !!

I MUST REITERATE "WE'RE MOVING HOUSE AND THINGS WILL BE ON HOLD FOR A MONTH OR 3"

All advice and tip gratefully accepted , Tram (Russ) has already been in touch , cheers mate

Phil
James691

Post by James691 »

That's my job mate :)

give me an email and my reply will also have my mobile contact number on it - I can take you step by step into the sorting of a rally event my friend.

It is not as complicated as you may think and there are some simple things to ensure that all enjoy the rally and feel warmly welcome.
Dancing in the moonlight
ReaperX

Post by ReaperX »

Hey Phil if you need any labourer for you house let me know I may have a few days off to lend a hand I'm skill in woodwork and so I can do a bit of door hanging and so on
Cheers
Miquel
Freeloadeur

Post by Freeloadeur »

If anyone's interested in Northern France then how about Brittany? I only moved back from there two years ago so still have plenty of contacts with local bike clubs who I know would be happy to help with rideouts for a bit of entente cordiale, the roads are quiet, the coastline ruggedly beautiful, the inland full of great off roading, in fact the village I lived in even has it's own purpose-built off-road arena which would challenge some of the more serious among us (and frankly scare the pants off me) run by the local 4x4 and trials bike club (club president is a former French national trials champion). And Brittany is doable in a long weekend (just)

Downsides? The weather is as unpredictable as the UK, and unless you're willing to do a long slog across the top of France then Brittany Ferries have got you by the balls as there's no competition west of Let Havre. Mind you I know they do good group booking discounts.
Happiness has 125cc ...
Freeloadeur

Post by Freeloadeur »

PHILinFRANCE wrote: I'll have to learn how to use a GPS for the lanes !!! even though i know all of them they're impossible to describe !!!

OK without spending a bundle and one that does WAY POINTS which GPS do any of you recommend ????

I'm also up for a ABR meet up north and Britfrogs ................well i'll go anywhere really.

Bring it on :woohoo:

Phil
Phil if you're on contract for a mobile and due for an upgrade anytime soonish then getting even the cheapest Android phone could be the cheap alternative. There's free tracking apps available, My Tracks by Google for example which will output a gpx file which you could then give to someone who knows and they could tweak it before distributing it.
Happiness has 125cc ...
Barcelona Pat

Post by Barcelona Pat »

I do the run through France 3/4 times a year - so I´m up for any ABR bash (north or south, east or west) that gives me a chance to see more of the country. Last year was great as on one trip I spent some time with Spanish Biker (Simon) and Nomad (Tony) seeing some new bits. Without that sort of thing, it was starting to feel a bit like a commute! I´ll keep an eye as this develops.
Thanks
britfrog

Post by britfrog »

morning all,
As Spud has suggested I would be up for hosting a few days at our new house we have quite a few alternatives here we have an independent gite in the garden, lots of room in the gardens for happy campers, or if we get too many there is a campsite in the village 300 yards away and another bed and breakfast with about 10 rooms available.
As you all know I know all the best roads in the region including the N260 and all the best sites to visit. May I suggest september as a good month to plan for? as the madding crowds will have gone home, unless this is unsuitable of course. For those that dont know me go onto youtube and type in britfrog there are at least 15 videos of the local roads there to watch.
www.coupdecoeur.co.uk
living in the sun, near utopia
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

James691 wrote:Looks fantastic :)

A couple of things -

If you are looking to hold a limited number (min 100) then advanced payment booking will need to sorted out.

2 No paid for talks, bands or any other distractions. Camp fires, beer and ice cream vans (selling beer) are fine.

3 You agree to organise road and green lane ride outs to show rally goers the best of your patch. The ride outs would need to be open to novice level also.

4 Provide a single page welcome sheet for all Rally goers with details of the local facilities (garage/shop/pub etc) and the ride outs (starting time/who's leading/mileage/difficulty etc)

5 All official ABR Rally events need to be authorised to save double booking clashes. [email protected]

6 For 2013 we will be printing up ABR Rally stickers, t-shirts, beanies and a few other ABR items so anyone who organises a rally will be expected to look after the sale and admin of the gear – it'll not cost organisers anything as we'll supply the stuff based on the expected numbers.

There might be a couple more basics to add to the above as we live and learn about what makes for a great ABR Rally but the whole ethos is going to be to keep it as informal and non commercial as possible. We'll make our own fun and entertainment, just like we've done in 2011 and 2012.

It would be held in 2013 - The dates I would have to look at what other ABR events are going on through the year.

Who to go to?

1st question should a Southern France trip be organised, who would be responsible for shipment of "ABR" goods to the venue and return of unsold goods. Seems to be an awful lot of rules appearing now a days cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
sohoeasy

Post by sohoeasy »

Redmurty wrote:
James691 wrote:Looks fantastic :)

A couple of things -

Who to go to?

1st question should a Southern France trip be organised, who would be responsible for shipment of "ABR" goods to the venue and return of unsold goods. Seems to be an awful lot of rules appearing now a days cheers Spud ;)

Rules and reg's once again. Iron fist control,Minimun 100 members ? Advance payment, no "other distractions" ?

All too official. I can understand this for an organised event in the uk. But wouldn't this be better as a group of mates just doing what we normally do. Travelling responsibly in a self organised group to France ?

Count me out for now. (unless it becomes more of a relaxed affair :) )

Return to “SUGGESTION BOX”