Mike54

Big Bike Adventure Rally

Post by Mike54 »

Entries now open! Just sorted mine.

http://bigbikerallychallenge.co.uk/cont ... en-entries
Jammin

Re: Big Bike Adventure Rally

Post by Jammin »

I'm tempted but £200 seems a tad pricey!
Would be a crackin weekend though.
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

I don't think £200 is too bad

For most (Racing type) Rallies in the UK the entry for a two day event is £140 to £160.

However unlike this event you will normally get to camp in a field with the only "facilities" being a couple of portaloos and a water tap (but not always - No water at the Ryedale this weekend). The Three Counties Show Ground has proper facilities with showers etc.

Oh and you get a meal included on Saturday night.

And the organisation required for this event is somewhat larger than your average rally.

So not so bad really?
Tony AKA MAD COW

KTM 1090 Adventure R

KTM 450 EXC Rally

MY BLOG
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

I'm with you Tony. i think it's good value really. Plus Burt and Moly have spent days and weeks on the route, the landowners, the showground etc etc. I think the price is fair.
Harty

Post by Harty »

I've never done a rally, but that looks really appealing. What's involved in the special stages then?? It mentions points against for dabbing, so am guessing hill climb??
.....eat my dirt!
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

They've never run this one before Harty, so it's unknown. It says the course is suitable for big bikes on DS tyres and the special is not a speed special, it says it's "skills based" - it's not part of the BBRC which is high speed special stages etc.

distance is around 250 miles each day so ride to the offroad bit via a number of checkpoints, reach the offroad section, do that, ride back doing a different series of checkpoints. first day wales, second day salisbury plain. It' only open to bikes over 600cc and no enduro bikes.
Gavinskii

Post by Gavinskii »

I'm seriously tempted to enter this - a couple of questions though for those who have done these guys types of events before.

Assuming I pitch up on my bike with a tent etc on the Fri night, ready for the off on Sat morning, do I have to carry my kit all day until we get to campsite Sat night, or is there some kind of portering service :silly:
R1150GS

Montesa 4Ride

KLX 250

Suzuki Beamish

2011 Nature Rally - Bronze Award
Harty

Post by Harty »

Gavinskii wrote:I'm seriously tempted to enter this - a couple of questions though for those who have done these guys types of events before.

Assuming I pitch up on my bike with a tent etc on the Fri night, ready for the off on Sat morning, do I have to carry my kit all day until we get to campsite Sat night, or is there some kind of portering service :silly:
From what I read Gavin, Park up and set tent up at Malvern Fri, Rally into Wales Sat, back to Malvern for Sat night, then ride South England on Sun, then back to Malvern. No kit apart from toolkit and food/water
.....eat my dirt!
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

Yep Harty's right. same start/finish each day.
herman

Post by herman »

Hmmmmm, tempting. :)
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.

Return to “COMPETITIONS”