NEW Honda XL750 Transalp LAUNCHED

The Things We Ride
Helicoptermanr22

Re: NEW Honda XL750 Transalp LAUNCHED

Post by Helicoptermanr22 »

Well, I’m not sure what translap you got Soho :lol: :lol: but mine is superb and the build quality is absolutely bang on, there is nothing I’ve seen on mine that is suspect or even raises any doubts whatsoever. Remember it’s 9 1/2 grand:)).
Agree with the Can though as they could’ve easily made a higher rise version but I’m sure it won’t be long before multiple manufactures do it.

SC now do a exhaust system which looks pretty good!

There are some very clever little designs on it such as the panels just bolt on rather than clipped in plastic components.
I can describe it as being a T7 but more Torquey, powerful with components that the T7 should’ve had like stainless steel spokes and a proper fuel cap etc but does not feel as top-heavy as the T7 even though it’s a few kilos more …its feels like having the ride quality of an Africa twin 1100 and many hours on the road would be pretty comfortable.

Against the T7, I would say this would win, it’s more refined-comfortable and having the Honda touring screen buffeting was very very limited and having owned both I would say this wins hands down for me.

Compared to CRF, 1100 it feels very light and nimble with manoeuverability, being very easy as the seat height is 850mm.

It it does sound like a 1100 L almost duplicating, the sound and feel, this is going to be a very capable bike on and off road and no wheelie control! Yayyyy:)))

What it should have his cruise control and fully adjustable suspension rather than just preload it won’t be long before they will be a load of goodies to Bolt on just like when the T7 initially came out.

Definitely go and book a test ride!
Attachments
IMG_0977.png
IMG_0977.png (296.2 KiB) Viewed 1240 times
IMG_0978.png
IMG_0978.png (273.9 KiB) Viewed 1240 times
soho

Post by soho »

Yes I may have been a bit harsh, It isn't badly made, just not a tidy as the Black V85 for example that I pulled up beside this morning (beautiful as that is , it's bit of a slug innit ) I got a little into the settings today and made my own User programme, full power/less engine braking/ less TC etc. Boy does that change things ! Then there all the maps and the music/phone integration too (I'll have to look at all that later) Yes for the money it's a blinder. Although to fit the 400 quid bash plate you'll need the 300 quid engine guard too, so I'm already fiddling with sheets of alloy and a tape measure ! :D
Helicoptermanr22

Post by Helicoptermanr22 »

Ha ha nice one! Get folding and dont mess it up.

Sohofabrications.com :)))

Actually still waiting for the engine bars n bashy plate! Hopefully arrive before the ABR festival of love!

Return to “BIKES”