ccm450

The Things We Ride
jonny955

Re: CCM450 Cush drive

Post by jonny955 »

Sanqhar wrote:I downloaded the order form from their website (it's in the FAQs).

The Cush drive is standard equipment on the GP450 Adventure S Model.

To order it on other models as a factory fitted option it is £341.00.

To buy it outright it is £510.00

I spent a lot of time talking to one of their guys at the NEC on Friday. I was very impressed.

I'm not a trail rider, the most I have ridden off road is on a grass campsite! My current FJR 1300 is now too tall and too heavy. What impresses me about the CCM is the light weight, low seat option, 20ltr fuel tank and the perfect (for me) riding position. I would just have to readjust my brain (and riding style) to dropping 100bhp!

90% of the time it would be used on the road, has anyone fitted pure road tyres?

Tom
You may well enjoy riding the CCM but it will be bit of a culture-shock, coming from an FJR1300 :laugh: !

Jon
Biker_Mike

Re: ccm450

Post by Biker_Mike »

My old DRZ. Many around the world considered this bike to be one of the best production adventure trail bikes. I agree and I loved every moment on it. In those years I paid about what would be 6500 monies in todays terms for a stock bike.

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/ ... e%2006.htm

The new CCM on paper is basically the same thing on the engine front. It has higher ground clearance with a lower total seat height. Better brakes and fork travel. twice the tank size and 10kg's lighter. In my eyes this bike is a better replacement for the best bike I ever had. It also comes with standard adventure extras. at 8000 monies I think this is a perfect bike to price combo.

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/ ... enture.htm

maybe I should place an order :whistle:
JenP

Post by JenP »

Hi Minky, you say your CCM drives you crazy in slow traffic? Why is that? If it pulls well at low revs would this not make it good for traffic?

If I were to trade my f650gs in for a CCM I'd be doing so in order to do more adventure riding around the world. But I'd also be using it around the city when I'm at home....will it do both??
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

JenP wrote:Hi Minky, you say your CCM drives you crazy in slow traffic? Why is that? If it pulls well at low revs would this not make it good for traffic?

If I were to trade my f650gs in for a CCM I'd be doing so in order to do more adventure riding around the world. But I'd also be using it around the city when I'm at home....will it do both??
tough one i dont think its great town bike ..at low speeds under 30mph your never quite sure what geer to use ..over 30 no bother ..its the start stop 25mph 20mph 23mph 26mph erratic ebb of rush hour traffic i hate ..the fualing picks up instantly but doesnt like being messed about in no mans land .it will be a real shock after the seteo engine fifth gear at 30 aint gonna happen
for me this has always been the most annoying aspect of the bike ..and ive always said so ...out on the road and off road the story changes ..

its not the vibs that bother me at all ..it will guts up instantly in 4th and pull clean its the dithering in heavy traffic
i wouldnt like to comute on it in rush hour very often thats for sure
best is to try one but be prepared for a totally different animal to the f650 that is a super sooth engine by comparason at town speeds infact almost anything is smoother to be honest in sub 30mph urban traffic :laugh: :evil:
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

minkyhead wrote:
JenP wrote:Hi Minky, you say your CCM drives you crazy in slow traffic? Why is that? If it pulls well at low revs would this not make it good for traffic?

tough one i dont think its great town bike ..at low speeds under 30mph your never quite sure what geer to use ..over 30 no bother ..its the start stop 25mph 20mph 23mph 26mph erratic ebb of rush hour traffic i hate ..the fualing picks up instantly but doesnt like being messed about in no mans land .it will be a real shock after the seteo engine fifth gear at 30 aint gonna happen
for me this has always been the most annoying aspect of the bike ..and ive always said so ...out on the road and off road the story changes ..

its not the vibs that bother me at all ..it will guts up instantly in 4th and pull clean its the dithering in heavy traffic
i wouldnt like to comute on it in rush hour very often thats for sure
best is to try one but be prepared for a totally different animal to the f650 that is a super sooth engine by comparason at town speeds infact almost anything is smoother to be honest in sub 30mph urban traffic :laugh: :evil:
I've had this problem with a number of single cylinder fuel injected bikes. I either had to learn to use more revs and a lower gear, or change the size of the sprockets.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

My WR 250R is spot on in traffic and instantly settles so its pretty smooth--but still responds when you twist it. I reckon its a lot to do with the fuelling and ignition maps--and trying, perhaps, to make an offroad enduro motor behave on the street--the Yam has more street heritage as there is the X supermoto version--same engine--just different wheels and gearing. Perhaps CCM need to develop the maps a bit more.
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

Its a shame you cant get a Rekluse clutch for the CCM or the BMW engine as that would totally fix any problems it has in slow traffic.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Im not stirig it but sure those who follow the adv ccm450 thread will know there are wiring issues near the battery rear there head...

I cant believe they still route wires similar to what they have done in past on other ccm models..
Yes it can be fixed but hindsight wasnt used...

Just a heads uo to those whove git one or ordered one...get it fixed before its too late..

12v postive chaffing on frame...
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

CRAIGREVO wrote:Its a shame you cant get a Rekluse clutch for the CCM or the BMW engine as that would totally fix any problems it has in slow traffic.
clutch is no the problem craig ..its ace nice and strong feather light too ..its on those fine openings ..where a rucluse wouldnt do anything at all

put bluntly its just doesnt like lugging around behind some billy bongo head in a nissan micra ...its not a huge problem as i rarely travel for long in towns and its not that bad as to worry about for the odd hour ...it is helped by the cush drive it takes the dak dak dak out of it a bit ...
id be lying totally if i said it was a good commuter or town bike ..its not bad persay just bloody annoying ...i tend to uise fouth a fair bit and just nudge it on the clutch ... give or take its between 20.and 30 its a pain other than that its no bother ... cant really describe it but its there niggling away .... :whistle:
its a engine that will guts up from nowhere and pull well it just guts up tourque and rides through any gap i gears but in town you cant just twist that much to use it that way somtimes ..its a short stroke engine and when it hits its comfort zone around 3750 it is a beuitiful thing .....me tenere was aill tempered juddery fecker in town always between gears until i put a 14 on and then it was ace ....the klr is a work of art it will tolerate 1500 revs and pull no bother but runs flat at 4500 the ccm takes off like a scalded cat at 4500 ...
all good in their own way ..off road you can twist the throttle at 10mph and it will just bust through and pull even the extra long third i have fitted so there is a very good side to the ccm engine ..it very gutsy and torquy ..if it vibes just twist the throttle and one moment later its through off and pulling
...you get used to it ..and grow to like it or not ?? ..folks may be taken by surprise in the hillybilly gp ..it can click its heels pretty well

....but it could be much better slow in town for sure
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

ive given a honest answer to a honest question if it helps heres a few clips from last year ...it may sum up better what its actually like to ride than a load of writing . .and in fairness to the bike i didnt buy it to follow a nissan micra in wigan so as they say a picture paints a thousand words (thumbs) ..no regrets so far .. B)

Return to “BIKES”