CRF250 L thread

The Things We Ride
P4ulie

Re: CRF250 L thread

Post by P4ulie »

motorbike wrote:i read that the first service should be done at 600 miles or a month old...so in effect this bike has had the origional oil inside for over 2 years ...do you think this could be an issue
Only if they've wound back the clock back. Just bear in mind it takes a fair few miles to take the tightness out of the engine, mine didn't really start to feel free until about 2000.

Real shame to see so many of these lil pigs barely ridden
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

motorbike wrote:took a test drive a at 2 wheels embra yesterday they have a couple of v low mileage examples just over 3k sterling(thats now approx 2.5K euros) :pinch: ..anyway took a 1 mile loop.felt v sluggish and wheezy...but seemed better on the second loop..maybe i learned how to use it..seems you have to spin up the motor and change just near top revs..very smooth 30 mph in 5th..good bike if your are worried about your licence..
Keep the XR400R.............twice the bike the CRF250L will ever be
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

.. can the clock be wound back ? as it is a digital milometer?
(I have wondered this for ages)

.. on the subject of oil changes .. I was told by a dealer that the Honda engines are shipped over with a cheap mineral oil in them. ?
.. that they don't really need a 600 mile service and that there are no iron filings and gunge to change?
.. they just change the oil so that something decent is in them?

however, Baz, a mechanic, agreed with me that the most important oil change and service is the 600 mile one?
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

scotsy

Post by scotsy »

minkyhead wrote:pity they dont still make the xr400 id have a great time with the 600 mile service intervels ..one every two days :silly: ...the bendy subframe that cant take luggage ..ill have it sent sent on in a taxi ... .the pethetic tank range that would have run out halfway around the theth trail ..and pretty much anywhere else i went .. crap lights and non existant dashboard ..seems like a no brainer for a long distance trail bike .. must get meself one somtime .. i really love kickstarting abike on 45 degree hill and in the rivers its just ace i really miss doing it ..they just dont make em like they used to ..thank god :lol: :evil: :laugh:
My first trail bike was an xr400 and it was the hardest thing to start when tired and covered in mud......after that first day i decided NEVER to have a trail bike without lecky start and from that day forward and i never have!!!
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

o shit .. I will just have to make do with the crf250L ..
usd forks that wipe the mud off, not push onto the seals, elec start that starts every time and so don't need a kicker, modern water-cooled so does not overheat and cut out, fuel injection that starts in all conditions and runs perfectly, crank balance shaft (I think) so smooth running, looks fabulous, gets all the girlies (a fib.. well you cant have it all) :) o .. and you can see by the lights, and its got indicators and good mirrors, and .. and ...
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

minkyhead wrote:pity they dont still make the xr400 id have a great time with the 600 mile service intervels ..one every two days :silly: ...the bendy subframe that cant take luggage ..ill have it sent sent on in a taxi ... .the pethetic tank range that would have run out halfway around the theth trail ..and pretty much anywhere else i went .. crap lights and non existant dashboard ..seems like a no brainer for a long distance trail bike .. must get meself one somtime .. i really love kickstarting abike on 45 degree hill and in the rivers its just ace i really miss doing it ..they just dont make em like they used to ..thank god :lol: :evil: :laugh:
You can have mine, if you're missing out so much :whistle:

DSC03014_2016-10-16.jpg
DSC03014_2016-10-16.jpg (67.14 KiB) Viewed 1414 times

With money we don't have

minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

minkyhead wrote:
johnnyboxer wrote:
You can mine, if you're missing out so much :whistle:

DSC03014_2016-10-16.jpg

Imagespotty by minkyhead56, on Flickr[/img]

you most deffo cant have mine .. xr is a quarter of the bike mine is hop on this and find out how good it isnt full fat uncorked ccm is somthing off a different planet you have no idea how good it is ... and you think the xr has touque ..heh he he he ..bless

meanwhile back at the crf thread now johnny says their bikes are al shit the suicide rate has doubled
I'd have the CCM, especially with WP

Never have a CRF250L though

With money we don't have

Return to “BIKES”