Norton in administration

The Things We Ride
Slowboy

Re: Norton in administration

Post by Slowboy »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:12 pm ......And the MCN reporters who gushingly and unquestioningly hung on Garner's every word should be ashamed of themselves. Norton didn't buy any advertising, so why did Garner get a free ride?
To be fair, in my opinion they should just be ashamed of themselves anyway. All that gushing wasn't just reserved for Norton...........

Must be hard re-writing a press pack to make it look like a road test.............yep, that must be hard..........just sayin'
Small bike traveller

CRF250 Rally
C90
C125 Super Cub
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Off-topic a bit, but I struggle to understand the thought processes that go on at MCN. there were a couple of times when I tried to get them involved with TRF activities, such as marshalling a horse endurance event...the initial response was always yes, but then they'd want to take part on a Super Tenere or Valdero or something. You knew what would happen...they would turn up on stock pretend 'enduro' tyres with a novelty condom tread pattern, and no experience. Any suggestion that they could just come along and we would lend them something suitable like a 250cc bike was dismissed because "It wouldn't look good in the pictures"
I don't suppose a picture of the MCN bloke lying under a quarter of a tonne of metal and splintered plastic with a broken leg would have made a great picture, either. So it didn't happen.
TBM (God rest its soul) did send someone along to do a horse event with us, and it was a great success because the guy had the sense to use a small bike...
soho

Post by soho »

There used to be a small newsagents on Bloomsbury way in Central London . It was the only place in the UK to have fifty copies of MCN for sale on a Tuesday, as they had I believe a family connection with the printers.The MCN office was just a couple of minutes away too. It was all very *don’t tell everyone mate*. I’d be in there every week to get a first look at the classifieds ! That was 1984/5 when it was about 34p weekly. Thirty years later on my 60th I promised never to buy it again. I’ve since saved £650 and most importantly missed nothing !
I can happily live without it in the same way I can easily live without Garner. Both have little other than bollox & bullsh*t to offer this world. 8-)
Richard Simpson Mark II

Found by someone and reposted on the NotNorton facebook

"the man who has lost everything" according to MCN out for an evening of fine dining with his trophy wife, and she's boasting about it.

Anyone who had their pension or motorcycle stolen will be pleased to see that SG's woes haven't impaired his appetite.

Leicestershire Police have told owners who had their bikes stripped for parts on return to the factory that they won't investigate the crime.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

what DO the police actually investigate these days?

o .. and karma sometimes takes a long time to work.

I sometimes think there is no justice in this country .. but then look at war-torn countries, the children suffering, and .. well .. .. ..
Richard Simpson Mark II

Slowboy wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:27 am
Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:12 pm ......And the MCN reporters who gushingly and unquestioningly hung on Garner's every word should be ashamed of themselves. Norton didn't buy any advertising, so why did Garner get a free ride?
To be fair, in my opinion they should just be ashamed of themselves anyway. All that gushing wasn't just reserved for Norton...........

Must be hard re-writing a press pack to make it look like a road test.............yep, that must be hard..........just sayin'
To be fair, it appears that the MCN lot weren't alone in getting the wool pulled over their eyes.

https://www.cyclenews.com/2016/08/artic ... norton-v4/
Slowboy

Post by Slowboy »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:59 pm
Slowboy wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:27 am

To be fair, it appears that the MCN lot weren't alone in getting the wool pulled over their eyes.

https://www.cyclenews.com/2016/08/artic ... norton-v4/
Indeed, and it helps a bit if they're happy to be tugging the wool themselves. And I know it's not just MCN that writes gushing prose for every new model.........

No one gets a Pulitzer prize for being the whistle blower in the bike press.
Small bike traveller

CRF250 Rally
C90
C125 Super Cub
Richard Simpson Mark II

The "Lady Macbeth' of Donington Hall?

https://www.superbike.co.uk/bike-reviews/

My prediction...HER company buys the wreckage off BDO for a sum more or less equal to the fee.

Creditors will get nothing.

He says...'nuffink to do wid me, guv!'
Richard Simpson Mark II

Same director (?), same company name, similar issues

https://community.babycentre.co.uk/post ... rton_storm
Richard Simpson Mark II

Guffcart still laying on the whitewash...no shame

https://www.cyclenews.com/2020/02/artic ... istration/