ABR SOUTH COAST SIMMER RALLY 15/17 JULY 2011

The ABR rally season continues in the sunny south at Hurst View in the New Forest
stewmarsh

Re: ABR SOUTH COAST SIMMER RALLY 15/17 JULY

Post by stewmarsh »

Looks like I won't finish work as early as I thought so will get down to the campsite 21-2130 hope that's ok with the campsite.
If not will come down saturday morning.
Who can I call to see if it's ok ?
Stew
Peejay

Post by Peejay »

Stew, don't think it'll b a problem. A few will be turning up during the evening.
Jim may clarify later, but look forward to seeing u there.
BMW R1200 GS Adventure

KTM 990 R Adventure

Wheresoever you go. Go with all your heart.
stewmarsh

Post by stewmarsh »

Thanks Realy looking forward to it.
Stew
Jim Lovell

Post by Jim Lovell »

stewmarsh wrote:Looks like I won't finish work as early as I thought so will get down to the campsite 21-2130 hope that's ok with the campsite.
If not will come down saturday morning.
Who can I call to see if it's ok ?
Stew
Hi Stew,

No problems mate, turn up when you can. Be good to see you:laugh:
Real men ride twins ;-)
Jim Lovell

Post by Jim Lovell »

Tramp wrote:I agree with the last few posts..

DONT let the rain spoil the well planned and thought out event after all the hard work put in by people....after all we are "Adventure Bikers" and a little mud adds to the enjoyment..:laugh: :laugh: .

There aint any bad weather just the wrong gear and mindset..so suck up and enjoy..
I agree Tramp! Any how a bit of rains nowt, the south had an Earthquake today so look out for the Tsunami :unsure:

Just sitting down to watch the weather now ;) bet they get it wrong again :whistle:

Oh yeah, See you all tomorrow, dont forget your Bangers and Beer :laugh: :laugh:

Ride Safe

Cheers Jim
Real men ride twins ;-)
Peejay

Post by Peejay »

BANGERS.........!?
Really Jim! You are turning into Gok Wan.
Now I'm really looking forward to it. :whistle:
BMW R1200 GS Adventure

KTM 990 R Adventure

Lee

Post by Lee »

Ars*, t*t, wa*k, bug*er

The good news is I'm all packed and the bike's got a full tank.

The bad news is I took a tumble on the stairs at work this morning and wrenched my right ankle – I can barely walk at the moment.

Really p*ssed off as I've been looking forward to catching up with some good friends and making a few new ones. I'm really sorry, but I don't see myself being able to ride down tomorrow – I was barely able to drive home (thank god for cruise control).

If it improves I'll try to make it down on Saturday, though I think you'd better cross me off the off-road rideout anyway Tramp. I don't think that would be a very good idea even if it's OK to ride on.
In June this year I undertook the whole Nature Rally in one trip, in aid of Riders for Health

You can read about it at http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... s-now.html

please support me at http://www.justgiving.com/leeparsons-naturerally
Peejay

Post by Peejay »

Lee wrote:Ars*, t*t, wa*k, bug*er

The good news is I'm all packed and the bike's got a full tank.

The bad news is I took a tumble on the stairs at work this morning and wrenched my right ankle – I can barely walk at the moment.

Really p*ssed off as I've been looking forward to catching up with some good friends and making a few new ones. I'm really sorry, but I don't see myself being able to ride down tomorrow – I was barely able to drive home (thank god for cruise control).

If it improves I'll try to make it down on Saturday, though I think you'd better cross me off the off-road rideout anyway Tramp. I don't think that would be a very good idea even if it's OK to ride on.
Thats a bummer Lee. :(

Try strapping a cold compress to it,or ice, then strapping to support. Hope it settles down enough to get you down for at least Saturday fella, was looking forward to seeing you again.
BMW R1200 GS Adventure

KTM 990 R Adventure

Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Sorry to here about the fall lee..hope you make it down for the laughs etc..and a few beers.

But your right about the offroad ride out as the trail bits are all standing on the pegs so the ankle will get a real beating and I dont think mr Air Ambulance would like to land on the plain..

If you dont make it down another time..and get a office on the ground floor.. :evil:
Lee

Post by Lee »

Right then… ankle not busted :-)

Ankle bandaged up so much I can't get boot on :-(

Will rest it as best I can tomorrow – at least I'm sat at a desk all day. I won't be coming down tomorrow for sure as I'll have to drive in to work. Will re-assess tomorrow night / sat morning. Could someone give me an idea of timetables on saturday – if everyone's going to be out on the rideouts from mid-morning 'til late afternoon there's no sense in getting down there until people start to return. I guess the chilli chow down is scheduled for the evening followed by a stroll / hobble to the pub for light refreshments?

I might try and rope my good lady into giving me a lift down to see you all, but that would have to be an evening visit only as she's doing a race-for-life thing on Sunday morning that we'd have to be back for.
In June this year I undertook the whole Nature Rally in one trip, in aid of Riders for Health

You can read about it at http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... s-now.html

please support me at http://www.justgiving.com/leeparsons-naturerally

Return to “ABR SOUTH COAST SIMMER RALLY 15/17th JULY”